IGNORED

WeeklyBeats 2018!!

modey

I reckon I'd be up for the odd collab - could we both upload the same track?

Also I'm owning up to being a week ahead - my first upload was of a track I did Sunday as I thought the cutoff date for the first submissions was Monday. My studio time is limited to Friday afternoons and Sundays mainly and I already have a routine/process for producing so I'm sticking with that for now. I will stay to the one week only rule though.

I'm a week ahead too; I just jammed out a rather menacing psychedelic footwork track last night haha :D

I don't think uploading the same track is allowed, although I don't think anyone would care really.

Guest bitroast

I don't think uploading the same track is allowed, although I don't think anyone would care really.

breaking the law, breaking the law.

breaking the law, breaking the law.

large.gif

Wonder how they decide what is and what isn't a non-CC sample when deleting submissions? Track I've uploaded this week is all self generated, but was planning to finish some sample based breakbeat stuff next week. Having to worry about copyright kills the mood for musicsex.

I think so too, but wonder after reading this;

We have deleted a few tracks from the first week of uploads as people didnt read the FAQ and upload rules. we will remove your track if:

1 - The track contains copyrighted samples which do not permit derivative works.

2 - The track has been uploaded or made available before the week in question.

3 - The track is a cover of a song which does not permit derivative works.

4 - The track is not finished.

http://weeklybeats.com/#/forums/topic/5421/please-read-to-avoid-your-songs-being-deleted/

I guess it depends how obvious your samples are, what are you sampling Metallica or something?

I definitely plan to submit some DETHWAVE stuff, and that will definitely include some kind of samples/loops.

I guess it depends how obvious your samples are..

Predominantly uncleared breakbeats, some processed, some not. I'll stick to the synthetic stuff for now.

I just read the thread over at the WB forum. I'm pretty certain that people have used breakbeats in the past—at the very least there was some amen/apache/think break usage from some of the breakcore guys. Up to you I guess but I personally wouldn't worry about breakbeats or something that doesn't contain an easily recognisable melody or vocal. I guess in that regard I'll make sure I mangle the fuck out of any death metal samples I use heh :D

Was planning to finish a track yesterday buy wasn't able to do it. I guess first submission will be either a drum track with very sparse melodic elements or a track I finished just before the WB challenge started. Kind of gutted about it, yet I consider the WB as a musical pendant of the NaNoWriMo, thus I shouldn't be bothered about uploading a crappy tune made in half an hour, just for the purpose of uploading a track.

But still, that's a shame !

*works on track all day*

*doesn't save anything for safety because I've not been doing this lately*

*ableton make crash*

:cerious:

I doubt I'll get anything good done in two hours. fuck.

Oh, ableton recovered some of it. I guess I'll upload the unfinished thing.

Edited by Gocab

Phew, just under the wire... I pretty much copied a Monomachine pattern a bunch of times and messed all the copies, queued up the patterns, and tweaked the synth and arp settings for a few minutes. That was fun.

I hope to put more structure or at least forethought into next week's submission.

I did it! If there are any other vatterners contributing, please tag your tracks wiith watmm, for convenience.

Modey your track is good stuff. Didn't expect it to go where it went, but very solid first outing. Everyone share yr names or links...will definitely tag with WATMM going forward (not sure if I can edit this week's). Here's a link to mine: http://weeklybeats.com/#/tsrono/music/searchlight

sent from a tippytappy flatpad

no probs m8!

and thanks for the nice comments! I've had some good feedback so far; very nice to read because I was kinda unsure if I was onto something good or not.

Getting involved in this is already putting me in a really good mood. Big thanks again to modey for the heads up on this.

Seconded

Yes! I think his entry is my favourite of all the WeeklyBeats tracks I've heard so far.

How are you guys doing this week :) ? I might manage to finish a track right in time. It will probably be painful to listen to though, I suck at mixing and the lack of time definitely won't help !!!