• Last Reply

NAMM 2016 : January 21-24

first leak :

new analog poly synth from korg

Take my money Korg!

Please god. Take it now.

Take it. My monies.

crosses fingers for the long rumored op1 update

Yes an OP-1 update would be cool. I take heart by the fact that their site for the OP-1 lists all the existing synths, envelopes and fx but states that 'future editions of these will be made available via software updates' meaning that they are still planning to release at least one more update.

OP-1 updates are cool. Sketch, Dbox & Dsynth are possibly my most used modules at present and they weren't present when i got my OP.

NAMM is a good place to release an update as it should generate some interest in their booth, should they have no new products to announce.

they also did a tie in with operator-1.com (op1 user forum) last summer asking for preset submissions that would be implemented over the stock presets in a future update. never heard anything after that. i think submissions ended in august? last year? maybe the submissions were all awful :cerious:

they also did a tie in with operator-1.com (op1 user forum) last summer asking for preset submissions that would be implemented over the stock presets in a future update. never heard anything after that. i think submissions ended in august? last year? maybe the submissions were all awful :cerious:

Lol, i hope not as i had quite a few thru to the final voting going from correspondence with them (TE)

Anyway sorry for OT

I think Yamaha has some new synth with some revolutionary new type of synthesis to unveil. Can't find the post i saw it on (probably matrix synth) - I'll try and find the link

Edit - got it http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/01/namm-rumor-new-yamaha-montage-awm2-fm-x.html

Might be a hoax though as it says rumour

new waldorf tape loop synth

Uh, that sounds interesting

Edit: oh wait, no...

it's a mellotron emulator, right? Not everyone's thing but I'm into it!

first leak :

Fuck me, that looks like a purchase.

edit: More info and pics. It's a 4-voice poly. Some effects included. Gearslutz boutique snobs are still debating this but it looks like we're getting actual analog VCO's, though they'll be stabilized by some voodoo magic.

Estimated price tag? $500!!!

mKwTwGY.jpg

P2Lrphs.jpg

qWEdit7.png

KTKgpQW.jpg

first leak :

Fuck me, that looks like a purchase.

edit: More info and pics. It's a 4-voice poly. Some effects included. Gearslutz boutique snobs are still debating this but it looks like we're getting actual analog VCO's, though they'll be stabilized by some voodoo magic.

Estimated price tag? $500!!!

mKwTwGY.jpg

P2Lrphs.jpg

qWEdit7.png

KTKgpQW.jpg

cant wait for some demo !

new waldorf tape loop synth

Uh, that sounds interesting

Edit: oh wait, no...

it's a mellotron emulator, right? Not everyone's thing but I'm into it!

I lost interest when I read "string"

in the mellotron they're not actually loops; they're 8-second linear lengths of tape that rewind when the key is released.. super mechanical

Really ?! I'd always assumed they *were* looped bits of tapes and it had various circular loops for each of the instruments. Every day is a school day here !

Well I never: http://media.soundonsound.com/sos/nov05/images/qac1tron.l.jpg

yeah it's a pretty bizarre concept, prone to failure. It does mean though that the sounds can have a proper attack phase, which is obviously essential for some of the sounds present on a mellotron. I'm guessing though that the new waldorf box won't be limited to the 8-second sounds used in the mellotron. I'm pretty keen to hear it actually, but having said that, my recently purchased JV1010 came with a "Keyboards of the 60s & 70s" expansion, which contains accurate-enough mellotron choir and strings reproductions (the only mellotron sounds I care about).. so I doubt I'd buy one.

Archived