IGNORED

NAMM 2016 : The thread

d-a-m-o

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is a type of audio interface/op-lab combo for the OP-1

Maybe a 'dock' that includes a real keybed for playing to leave in the studio.

a dock with DIN-MIDI would be nice..

ok, so it's fucking great escpecially for the price. Sounds pretty bread and butter but in a good way.

The only thing that pisses me off with these aimed at the mass synths is the number of presets. It greatly reduced the amount of legit usable sounds someone can use. I know that kinda sounds ridiculous but there was some rad sounding presets in there and there is no way I would go near them for fear of having the exact same sound as a million other people who don't mind using the same sound as everyone else.

Idiots tie sounds with genres and it makes them unusable in other styles for fear of ridicule. I don't know, kinda silly rant.

Great job though korg.

You're able to edit/overwrite the presets. So essentially two hundred slots available.

sent from a tippytappy flatpad

I think it sounds great and I like that it does nice b&b classic analogue sounds. I'd rather pay for a new synth than a 2nd hand one from the 80s because I'd be too afraid of breakages..

Concerns of repairs for new vs. old synths are only valid for the warranty period of the new synth (i.e. 1 year) 80s synths were built to last a lifetime (with a few notable poorly-designed exceptions) and any that have been cared for have survived to the present needing probably only one or two trips to the tech. A cheap factory-produced SMT synth is going to be dead in 2-5 years, like most modern electronics. Even if not, the synth will only be able to be repaired by the manufacturer, often at a price that will discourage you from fixing it, and encourage you to buy the updated version instead. (like Apple)

Guest Chesney

The Overbridge looks really tempting. If there is HW I am going to buy somewhere in the future it will be Elektron.

You won't regret it.

I wasn't purely talking about build quality, though saying that don't forget the 80s were 30~ years ago. It doesn't matter how well something is made, it will deteriorate after normal use and wear and tear. My main concern is that you never know how somebody else has treated them and that's why I don't like to buy used electronics.

Not to mention vintage synths of any quality are pretty much unobtainable to anyone without money to burn.

I wasn't purely talking about build quality, though saying that don't forget the 80s were 30~ years ago. It doesn't matter how well something is made, it will deteriorate after normal use and wear and tear. My main concern is that you never know how somebody else has treated them and that's why I don't like to buy used electronics.

Not to mention vintage synths of any quality are pretty much unobtainable to anyone without money to burn.

Sure, used can be a bit of a gamble.

But there are lots of vintage analogs that are $500 or under that kill the minilogue in terms of features and/or sound. Still seems like a cool synth tho.

But there are lots of vintage analogs that are $500 or under that kill the minilogue in terms of features and/or sound. Still seems like a cool synth tho.

name some

name some

matrix 6 & 1000 - although starting to get expensive, alpha juno, mks 30 or 50, ax 60 or 80 or maybe 73, also hybrids like esq1, k3, dw8000 etc not bad either

elektron rytm, a4, and overbridge updates. next level ish

@5:00 when he tunes the filter on the bastl filter my mind was blown, nice work elektron, amazing

right? a feature i'll never use but it's awesome that they've taken the time to develop it :)

Archived