IGNORED

Working with a friend on some "pop" tracks

futureimage

Hey guys,

I thought I'd post these tracks up here. A friend and I have been working together for about a year now - she writes and records, brings me stems, I polish them up I guess. Anyway, we've finally finished our first batch of work, and she's put up a couple of tracks here:

https://soundcloud.com/lickinganorchid/marrow

https://soundcloud.com/lickinganorchid/terraform

Enjoy!
Fin

nice. first one is very 90s to me- when they called this stuff "electronica." nice charging beat, sorta army of me sounding to me. that's not a very hip area to be in these days i think, but i like it and it's certainly worth messing around in there. then again, maybe it is really hip and that's how out of touch i really am.

Love this! Bristol ay? Always said there is something in the water there. Definitely 90s vibes like the man said, in a great way. If it's not 'cool', it needs to come back. Great writing, nice crunchy production.

:biggrin: Thank you guys! I think both of us had a bit of a semi-unsaid "this sounds like Bjork so let's make it more Bjork" attitude and direction. Having said that one of the tracks sounds more like Portishead... but we went in that direction with that track too :emotawesomepm9: More to come soon I hope!

• 1 month later...

Sometimes sounds like a Bjork remix from the 90s, which is a compliment :)

This.

Great work on this! I've not listened to all of them yet, but I'm definitely intrigued enough to do so. Just grabbed 'em from bandcamp. Also added you on SC.

• 1 month later...

'tis good shi'

The cello(?) bassline could possibly benefit from being less muffled, maybe get a violin sound or something like that to complement it?

• 3 months later...

New shi'

This is good. Very good! I'm glad to hear that someone here dares step his/her feet into a more poppy territory ;)

The ONLY tiny little detail I didn't like was the crash cymbal at 3:02. It sounds way too midi-ish compared to the rest of the production. But that's it. I liked everything else :)

New shi'

This is good. Very good! I'm glad to hear that someone here dares step his/her feet into a more poppy territory ;)

The ONLY tiny little detail I didn't like was the crash cymbal at 3:02. It sounds way too midi-ish compared to the rest of the production. But that's it. I liked everything else :)

Thank you so much! And I understand what you mean by the crash cymbal hahaha, definitely worked on that in the midst of a massive 909 craze here and parts of me regret a lot of what I did...  :nacmat:

• 1 month later...

Archived