IGNORED

Squarepusher to release deluxe editions of his classic albums

Herr Jan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather have labels focus on the future rather than repressing old stuff tbh, just move on. That said, I'm curious what the deal with this announcement was, Fact was still the only one reporting on this afaik and Warp hasn't said anything publicly about it yet.

I'd rather have labels focus on the future rather than repressing old stuff tbh, just move on. That said, I'm curious what the deal with this announcement was, Fact was still the only one reporting on this afaik and Warp hasn't said anything publicly about it yet.

WARP's not ready to say anything... yet. FACT jumped the gun a bit, most likely. It was really about the live shows for Shobaleader One.

• 7 months later...

I don't think factmag are much nowadays. Once upon a time I'd be quite in tune with their daily shpeel, for the last year or so I couldn't give a monkey's about hardly anything they write about. They seem to be more Americanized nowadays (not that I don't like American folk but you know what I mean jellybean).

In otherwords, in a different cut of the cloth, strictly speaking, in plain English. They're a steaming pile of fucking horseshit dug from the depths of a Edwardian cesspit!!!

• 10 months later...

I reckon Squarepusher will eventually get his own Bleepstore like Aphex and that's what they were alluding to. Will probably take some time since I'm sure Aphex will be adding more to his store and they will stagger big announcements such as this. All extremities crossed for the foreseeable future until this materialises. 

I reckon Squarepusher will eventually get his own Bleepstore like Aphex and that's what they were alluding to. Will probably take some time since I'm sure Aphex will be adding more to his store and they will stagger big announcements such as this. All extremities crossed for the foreseeable future until this materialises. 

Wonder if BOC will ever go the Bleepstore route...

Just now seeing this but Warp should have repressed his things by now. They've done it w all the "mainstays" by now i.e. Aphex Twin, BOC, Autechre's first three albums so far..

All based on demand (or lack thereof) I reckon...

Just now seeing this but Warp should have repressed his things by now. They've done it w all the "mainstays" by now i.e. Aphex Twin, BOC, Autechre's first three albums so far..

I would of thought Squarepusher sells more records than Autechre....

Tom will need some ice for that burn

Tom will need some ice for that burn

Not a burn per se; just simple business. If sales figures dictate represses are in order, it makes good business sense to do a repress. If not, then let sleeping slabs lie.

Oh i know how it works out numbers-wise. Like beerwolf said, i just find it surprising that Autechre's first three albums were deemed to have greater demand/potential ROI than any of Squarepusher's earlier releases

..wait, you just really wanted to make that pun, didnt you?  :wink:

Archived