IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently returned to this and it is still absolutely perfect. the production alone is beyond amazing. Like a warm bath of sound. I can hardly stand the sound of the piano on True Love Waits, it is like being inside the piano or something. So intense. The flow is amazing too. I had trouble with Daydreaming as the second track initially, but it worked with Pyramid Song on Amnesiac and it does work well here. I think it was because the two lead singles were also the first two tracks. But yea, brilliant album. Hopefully a new one in 2020 :/

^ Really? I LOVE how integrated the strings are. It's such an awesome combination of Greenwood's soundtrack style and a Thom beat and lyrics. It's different than the way they've ever treated strings in their arrangements.

burn the witch is fine. i like it a lot on the album. i feel like the album is a person going through a relationship ending and that track starts everything rolling. whole album is the ups and downs. burn the witch is an accusation, daydreaming is nostalgic wishful thinking and a realization, decks dark is acceptance of some coming darkness, desert island disk is a little escape on your own, ful stop is a night out at a club, glass eyes is waking up the next morning hung over coming back to reality. the only track that genuinely feels out of place, despite this relationship theme, is true love waits. the album should probably have ended on tinker tailor. otherwise it's very good, i listen to it more than any other radiohead album except for kid a.

If any track feels like it doesn't fit, it's Ful Stop for me. Style-wise. But I feel like the album flows perfectly. It flows very similar to Amnesiac.

Kid A is still the absolute cream of the crop for me though, but this one is certainly up there.

• 10 months later...

Archived