IGNORED

New(?) ae remix in Tron Run/r game

misc

I'm not falling in love with this. The reasons I think are in the melody (yes, the lack of development, but also the notes). There is probably a legacy with Moroder (I do not know what is the original song), and there is also the intention of doing something suitable to the rhythm and with the formal requirements of the game. Don't know... at the moment I don't get the magic. The shining of ae.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like the development in the track. At the start, I didn't really like the direction. Pretty straightforward rhythms. Some melodic xylofone type of stuff which didn't really get me going. A bit too minimal, but with some interesting stuff underneath. Small variations and burps distorting the normal rhythm. When the heavy metallic stabs enter it gets better. Then more different stuff happening melody-wise. Rhythm session getting more fucked, but the melodies keep the track nicely flowing. Which is one of the things i love ae doing.

So in all, great track! Wouldn't mind an entire OST by ae! :D

Guest bitroast

ye i looked at game footage again, looked at the $20 price tag.

totally does not look like the $20 warrants the pretty average looking "how is it not free??"* endless runner ...

*assumably because its disney doing whatever the fuck they want with the tron franchise and dropping $$$ to get an exciting roster of artists on the ost.

Resorted to the autechre reddit page during the watmm outage, only to be greeted with this:

Gave it a google and sure enough it's not a remix from arty car but in fact ae, among other idm favourites:

"Tron Run/r will feature music from Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne, along with remixes from Autechre, Bibio, Darkstar, Joywave, patten, and Plaid."

From: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/27/tron-runr-confirmed-for-consoles-release-date-announced

Dunno if it's new or what. Anyone on steam willing to check it out?

"The game will feature music from georjo MORDOR". oh my, cross over with tha lod of tha rigs.

heh ... string that dweep up. "eurr, foreign pronunciation, my worthless US brain cannot cope".

Guest WNS000

Checked one more time and realized I don't really like the track. Pretty mediocre and boring for AE standards.

I agree that it sounds pretty basic as a stand-alone track, yet it creates this in-game reality feeling for me which i imagine to be perfect for a soundtrack in something constant road-like when absorbing only a fraction of your focus.

This leads me to thinking of Ae making soundtracks - this was actually the first real example of one (not sure if they saw the visual product), they gotta be good at it in a functional sense, why nobody still hasn't worked something out? Focking Blomkamp

Is the soundtrack going to be available to purchase?

I suspect it won't. Here's what they offer now, someone needs to heroically pirate this shit to check if you can get HQ version on your HD.

TRON RUN/r Ultimate Edition
The TRON RUN/r Ultimate Edition includes the core game, a Season Pass to all planned add-on content, an award of in-game currency and adds an exclusive eight-song soundtrack featuring remixes of Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne’s mighty score and a second “giftable” install of the core game.

Guest WNS000

Good point about the track being made for the context of the game rather than a stand-alone listening experience, Amen Lare.

• 1 month later...

I think this is a great track. Short for Ae standards, but probably great in the context of the game. Even in the five+ minute span, it manages a solid build-up. Love that little melody that keeps playing over and over too...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

A very traditional track structure, a simple 4/4, but some percussions have serious delays and disorder, i.e. there is still some timing experiment in there. Simple chord progression - and perfect. I love it more and more, I think it's some refreshing Ae here.

I'm sorry to be the voice out of the choir, but I still can not tie up with this song. The more I struggle to hear this, the more I feel completely absorbed by the remix of oberman knocks these days.

Anyway,  the only thing I can say about 611 TIME OUT's defenseis that the percussive apparatus from 3:19 onwards is dripping autechre: good!

I'm sorry to be the voice out of the choir, but I still can not tie up with this song. The more I struggle to hear this, the more I feel completely absorbed by the remix of oberman knocks these days.

Which is perfectly fine, since that is the greatest stuff they created for a long time. I wish it had something more to offer on the bass and lower freq. side of life.

Archived