IGNORED

Homeless + Fucked up on drugs + in love

Cryptowen

3hc99Wo.gif

http://world3.tk/trx/160.zip

these are mostly tracks i made while living on a piece of foam on mount royal. included are trax from when i wanted to be a techno dj but did too many psychedelics & things got weird, trax from early days of relationships, trax from the day i rly thought i was going to kill myself, trax from canadian tire, etc etc

plz download & tell me if i have or have not wasted my youth

thanks guys! this one isn't as thematically cohesive as the last three (which were all drone albums) and tbh that feels like a better representation of how 2015 ended up going than some sorta directed intention

Haven't listened, but my first thought while reading the thread title was: an acoustic album!? On an electronic music forum!? WTF. Or is this about some ingenious plot to build tracks by actually setting off car alarms in the streets while recording them with your phone?

Haven't listened, but my first thought while reading the thread title was: an acoustic album!? On an electronic music forum!? WTF. Or is this about some ingenious plot to build tracks by actually setting off car alarms in the streets while recording them with your phone?

still havent made my acoustic album :[

trax were all made with the laptop you see on the cover (that's a photo of one of my camps from the summer)

the title is really touching

thank you :)

are you still using buzz? A new version of Blok came out, i could tell you some tips maybe

spring 2014 canadian tire trak is a good title

microprocessor is great

lavender jazz is a nice [cliffs]-y kind of track too

are you still using buzz? A new version of Blok came out, i could tell you some tips maybe

microprocessor is great

yeah i am! more audacity these days bcuz i like how it feels for on the fly audio editing, but still buzz for anything sequenced.

how new is the new blok? i haven't used it consistently in a while but would love to, some crazy sounds come out of that machine (and like your stuff is generally pretty wild so tips would be appreash)

lavender jazz is the one non-computer track on this album, that's a black keys improvisation on a casio cz1000, recorded a few weeks back

hey spiral + usagi! i guess i'm doing a'ight these days. haven't been on watmm//the internet that much because there have been so many times in the past where computers would draw me into this total introversion cocoon (and like i even dig the introversion cocoon, except for how it starts to feel all-encompassing after a while). currently have a bit of cash & a place to stay, dunno for how long tho. life's pretty great when i live totally for today, but any time i start trying to plan for the future it feels like my career plans are either

A. figure out how to get food & shelter for bumming around making synth music

B. figure out how to live outdoors all year round plus also once i start getting old

C. total collapse of civilization within the next 5 years

i dunno maan this all still feels like it means something but i see ppl in their 40s who just fucked around for years & it gets me spooked sometimes

D. start a cult. let Afex Aventurs be your holy book. write more chapters and claim they are being revealed by the Divine unto you, the Messenger. the people will flock to you. you will have all the sints in the world.

microprocessor is great

yeah i am! more audacity these days bcuz i like how it feels for on the fly audio editing, but still buzz for anything sequenced.

how new is the new blok? i haven't used it consistently in a while but would love to, some crazy sounds come out of that machine (and like your stuff is generally pretty wild so tips would be appreash)

lavender jazz is the one non-computer track on this album, that's a black keys improvisation on a casio cz1000, recorded a few weeks back

hey spiral + usagi! i guess i'm doing a'ight these days. haven't been on watmm//the internet that much because there have been so many times in the past where computers would draw me into this total introversion cocoon (and like i even dig the introversion cocoon, except for how it starts to feel all-encompassing after a while). currently have a bit of cash & a place to stay, dunno for how long tho. life's pretty great when i live totally for today, but any time i start trying to plan for the future it feels like my career plans are either

B. figure out how to live outdoors all year round plus also once i start getting old

i dunno maan this all still feels like it means something but i see ppl in their 40s who just fucked around for years & it gets me spooked sometimes

I wanna make your life into a documentary

microprocessor is great

new blok has a parametric EQ module with peak and hi/lo-shelf (can't modulate it but it's still cool you can EQ the individual synth voices, like lowshelf the higher tuned synth and vice versa to fuk with people's heads. I'm also getting a lot of mileage out of EQing modulators/envelopes/whatever seems to have an effect). I've been in touch with zephod and he said the next ver will have a 256-block limit instead of 64. I'm hoping the next ver will have multiple ins/outs too. There is a 'simple sampler' but it doesn't quite work yet/had weird dc offset I think?? Also the synths seem to sound significantly better as far as like if you modulate the frequency and stuff

i mostly saw your posting in passing, but never knew the story behind it (when do you really, though?).

I will take a good listen to this later today

FUCKING EXCELLENT 10/10

digital + meatmask is so beautiful and hurts me so much at the same time. . .

i was happy with twentyfifteen, a beautiful song that sounds hopeful. still, there's some hurt, but i don't think any human can ever be without hurt

keep on trucking owen, and fuck a father who is disappointed in you: his life is not yours.

@usagi: SOMEDAY SOON ~~ (dunno if that applies to afex or starting a cult or both tho)

@popiax: ty ty. i don't remember if you make trax as well but i've always dug your avatar

@danny: DO IT UP

@ragnar: all of that sounds pretty dope, especially the using it as a sampler part (because i've several times thought blok would be one of my major go-tos if it could do non-ADSR syn sounds)

@uv: thank you! i really appreciate your words...digital + meatmask is one of the newer trax on here, if you like it you might like http://world3.tk/trx/152.zip , which was put together during the first few weeks living outdoors, mostly in coffee shops & foodcourts.

thanks again for the kind words everyone, means a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Shit, this is again very good, bravo! Do you still need your previous stuff for me to send it to you?

thank you!

as of right now i have all of my albums, but am still missing most of the 1000+ tracks i made up until early 2015. so if you have any random stray songs i might have posted in threads or things like that, would be super appreciated

Shit, this is again very good, bravo! Do you still need your previous stuff for me to send it to you?

thank you!

as of right now i have all of my albums, but am still missing most of the 1000+ tracks i made up until early 2015. so if you have any random stray songs i might have posted in threads or things like that, would be super appreciated

I don't sorry, only the full-lenghts and that one you gave for Tribute to Incomplete... which I think is easily accessible :) Don't stop making music even if you have looong pauses in between! Glad to hear you're currently happy, I hope it'll stay that way

I think it's interesting, I definitely feel the nomadism and openness in your last few albums. I am basically in the opposite place right now, I am nesting in a home we made ourselves, so right now I vibe better with Trax III and IV... I think there is a little anxiety and uncertainty in both ( maybe that is just me) but the earlier stuff is cozy, and maybe a little claustrophobic, and the new stuff feels kind of stark and agoraphobic to me. I could just be projecting my feelings. I'm sure it's more complex than that, there's more than I can immediately understand and relate to.

Your music is always full of emotion, it is powerful. Mount Shasta is music for awe and introspection, makes me want to go lay under the stars. It was my soundtrack for walks through the neighborhood late at night

Archived