IGNORED

Volca FM

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine just shipped today from sweetwater.

wat

Yeah. Was surprised to get the email. Should be here by Saturday!

Did it come or are they a bunch of lying scumbags for getting your hopes up?

Anyone get theirs yet? Initial thoughts? They look absolutely great.

I got a DX7 mk1 the other day for £65... mega bargain! Thinking about flipping it and getting a Volca FM instead and some other bits though, I quite like the Volcas and find synths with not many knobs/sliders a bit of a pain (got an Alpha Juno 1 that I'm also thinking of selling for the same reason)

Guest Chesney

Braintree: Pretty sure Salem said they delivered it to the other side of the country so still waiting for it.

Braintree: Pretty sure Salem said they delivered it to the other side of the country so still waiting for it.

Yeah, I live in NY and it ended up in LA :/ Should be here today or tomorrow.

I called the local shop and my name is on the top of the list for the next batch that comes through :wang:

I called the local shop and my name is on the top of the list for the next batch that comes through :wang:

Awesome! It showed up today and is a bangin' lil machine, doesn't have the grit of the originals, but is so much fun.

not sure if it's been posted - but this is making me consider making some room!

Forget all of my previous criticism, this little box is so incredible! Korg really needs better demos...

• 3 months later...

Saw one of those in Tokyo today, was awfully cheap so I went nuts and bought one. Can't wait to put my hands on it when I come home !!!

Fm synthesis is all new to me tho and I have to say I'm a little afraid I might fail on getting nice sounds out ot this box !

Saw one of those in Tokyo today, was awfully cheap so I went nuts and bought one. Can't wait to put my hands on it when I come home !!!

Fm synthesis is all new to me tho and I have to say I'm a little afraid I might fail on getting nice sounds out ot this box !

There are presets and I don't think you can get too deep into editing patches on the machine itself. However, you can use a software editor to create patches and load those into the Volca:

https://youtu.be/qKaHQUCP39o?t=14m57s

We Canadians are still waiting for them to arrive. I was told end of July, start of August maybe.

There are presets and I don't think you can get too deep into editing patches on the machine itself. However, you can use a software editor to create patches and load those into the Volca:

https://youtu.be/qKaHQUCP39o?t=14m57s

We Canadians are still waiting for them to arrive. I was told end of July, start of August maybe.

I dunno why these are taking so long to get to people. I bought one from Sweetwater and i'm in New Zealand lol.

Anyway the machine's alright. Patches are fully editible and the EDIT interface isn't that bad for doing this. I find myself not using it a huge amount but can still get some cool sounds out of it.

Downsides - 16 patches only. Getting them off the computer ins't hard but wish could hold more at once

Only 3 voices. Kinda shitty, not a big deal for all but would def prefer more voices

Not velocity sensitive. U can buy a cable from retrokits that fixes this problem but its like an extra 30 bux. Not sure y Korg didn't do it themselves

AC adapter. I bought like 50 adapters trying to get them to work but none of them did. You need to get the official Korg adapter for this which is like 50 bux. Im using rechargeable batteries. Lasts like 6 hours a charge which is all good

Good if you want some simple FM flavours with a small footprint (i'm all about small desktop devices). I'd rather the reface DX for more voices, velocity sensitivity and better editing interface, but of course this comes at a higher price.

wait what.. only 16 patches?! I thought it was 100 or something, for some reason.

re: the adaptor.. you can get those generic 9v adaptors that come with a bunch of plugs, one of them definitely works for the volca as long as you connect it as centre positive.

wait what.. only 16 patches?! I thought it was 100 or something, for some reason.

re: the adaptor.. you can get those generic 9v adaptors that come with a bunch of plugs, one of them definitely works for the volca as long as you connect it as centre positive.

I got one of those adapters, didn't work. Tried everything, used scissors on the DC in as well but that didn't help. Might have a faulty unit, anyway i need batteries for the JU-06 (which is epic) so its all g :D Chuck them in the same 10x battery charging port

Archived