IGNORED

Arktect

lyst

the entire spacey build up layering on the beginning is pretty cool, sets the track for a very pleasant ride, and i like the rhythm of the beat, but i think it's all very muddy? well, not muddy but i don't know, was waiting for some more crispy drums... but it's happening also on the harmonies/pads, few highs?? to much mediums? maybe you need to get a bit clinical on the eq of all those atmospheres/pads? i love the voice sample but it doesn't pop out, or maybe it's just the way you like it anyway, cool song man!

the entire spacey build up layering on the beginning is pretty cool, sets the track for a very pleasant ride, and i like the rhythm of the beat, but i think it's all very muddy? well, not muddy but i don't know, was waiting for some more crispy drums... but it's happening also on the harmonies/pads, few highs?? to much mediums? maybe you need to get a bit clinical on the eq of all those atmospheres/pads? i love the voice sample but it doesn't pop out, or maybe it's just the way you like it anyway, cool song man!

That's not a vocal sample, that's me (do not use sampling in my work). I definitely feel you on the mixing and mastering part. Spent like a week trying to see if someone would master the track, to no avail. So i pretty much agree with everything you mentioned. Also all i'm working with is a couple of headphones, so fixing that all myself is pretty difficult.

Thanks for listening!

GAVE IN and did some editing. Increased the volume of the vocal so it doesnt get lost, sped up the BPM of the entire track. And threw in some more crispy percussion to the ending. Also threw a limiter on the master and boosted the volume 3 dbs to get the damn shit a bit louder.

Hope some more people take a listen! :)

https://soundcloud.com/mylamine/arktect

Archived