IGNORED

what aphex tracks are you fixated on at the moment?

Bubba69

It's almost cliché, but I've been playing Flim way more than I know I should, but it's just absolutely perfect in every way. After going through a bit of the Aphex covers thread and hearing a couple different versions of it, I played the original and just haven't stopped, almost every day for a week or so. :)

sent using magic space waves

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cirklon3 obviously.So lush.Analord and Syro merging together for instant awesomeness!!!!!

These chords at 3:00! OH MY GOD !!! goosebumps!

his whole discography since hearing him around 1999

^ Me too. That and lately have been really jamming hard to Quoth (Hidden Mix). It's just just so hypnotic and gorgeously entrancing.

That and Come On You Slags!

I love the tuss tracks in general, always going back to those. Best filter characters that just melt in your mouth. best use of reverb (natural AND artificial! Also that real leslie effect). I hope he releases another release under that moniker, that would be quite cool. The tuss is so cool because it has so much nice analog character but it has really subtle computery edits in it that are amazing. Wonder if he had renoise or something sequencing all those tracks and doing drums/samples or just stitching it all together in the end. I'm not sure what samplers/sequencers would do the those effects but maybe it was hardware. Would love more insight into those tracks. Meticulously crafted stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

i listened to yellow calx probably twenty times in a row the other day, driving on a suspension bridge over the sea. that song brings to mind early pc games, forgotten side scrollers: jazz jackrabbit, commander keen. not the music of those games, but the environment, flattened yet sharp. and then it also makes me think of extremely well manicured evergreen forests, rows of blue spruce. it's the only song on rdj album i still like.

Green Calx. When it comes along in Selected Ambient Works, it's like a friendly bump through a secret passage. It says 'all these beautiful ambient dance tracks are great, but look at how interesting this electronic music can be when I play with the structure, shift the tone, throw in some unconventional sound effects, mess with your expectations of a track...' etc. And then, just in case you found the experience disconcerting, a reassuring hand lands on your shoulder, a voice says with a chuckle 'don't worry friend, I can still do shit like THIS...!' and Heliosphan starts up as the next track on the album. Fucking awesome.

Green Calx. When it comes along in Selected Ambient Works, it's like a friendly bump through a secret passage. It says 'all these beautiful ambient dance tracks are great, but look at how interesting this electronic music can be when I play with the structure, shift the tone, throw in some unconventional sound effects, mess with your expectations of a track...' etc. And then, just in case you found the experience disconcerting, a reassuring hand lands on your shoulder, a voice says with a chuckle 'don't worry friend, I can still do shit like THIS...!' and Heliosphan starts up as the next track on the album. Fucking awesome.

You sir is damn right...

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha brilliant description!

Archived