IGNORED

Boards of Canada remix Odd Nosdam

maxd98

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VHS is gone. Vinyl likely to soon follow (though I don't think the BoC mix is on it). I assume the video they uploaded is from the tape, but Im not sure.

Kind if find it annoying that I don't get a digital download with the VHS though. Coat just as much as the record. But what can ya do?

It's nice enough but it is a remix remember, I doubt the credit for the melody goes to BoC ;)

Keep cool.

Listen to the 90 sec preview of the original track on ITunes. Sounds like the only thing Boards lifted was the organ, choir and percussion sound. Melody and beat is all them.

love this remix and I'm a big fan of the album aesthetic nosdam created here. It reminds me of being back in college waking up in the middle of the night with the TV on, catching some weird movie while being semi lucid and still half asleep. Like waking up in the middle of a Jodorowsky movie on a classic CRT TV with the blurry lines and all, not knowing wtf is going on or if you're even really awake.

So yeah, I like everything going on here, remix and all.

This is some good shit, right here. The video is fucking perfect, too. Also, VHS album accompaniments are more than welcome for this kind of stuff.

The album is great, as well. Not surprising for Odd Nosdam, since all his work is solid to date. Very pleased.

I actually realized why the song sounded so familiar - the non-remixed song was on this comp from late 2012, I have it on cassette.

Both Odd Nosdam and Boards of Canada are two of my all time favorites. I liked this remix the first few times, but my expectations were not met considering the pedigree. It took about 5 listens before it really grabbed me, now i absolutely adore it.
The Nevermen remix hit me the same way, just never as hard.

I always highly recommend Odd Nosdam's to any BOC fan. I think his new one "Sisters" is his most consistent release yet.

love this remix and I'm a big fan of the album aesthetic nosdam created here. It reminds me of being back in college waking up in the middle of the night with the TV on, catching some weird movie while being semi lucid and still half asleep. Like waking up in the middle of a Jodorowsky movie on a classic CRT TV with the blurry lines and all, not knowing wtf is going on or if you're even really awake.

So yeah, I like everything going on here, remix and all.

this has kind of an Enya vibe to it huh

Enya, Enigma, Dead Can Dance, yeah. Part of why it's so excellent I reckon.

I was thinking a cross between Deep Forest and Com Truise.

This sound has really come full circle, the nostaligic tape warbly hauntology music of various underground scenes, hypnagogic pop of Sun Araw and James Ferraro, leftfield beat scene stuff like Odd Nosdam and Matthewdavid, better vaporwave producers like infinity frequencies or early essential producers, artists like 1991 and VHS head, etc...this remix in particular is like BoC jumping back into a sound and aesthetic they help influence tremendously

Amazing song! Amazing EP! I've listened to the whole release every day since release. My fav of Odd Nosdam's releases now. And the BoC remix is an amazing, minimalist approach. Yet more proof that a song doesn't need to be super complex to be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

does this remix remind anyone of hell interface trapped slowed?

Yeah it is very much in the vein of their Hell Interface tracks. Would've been a cool nod to the long time fans putting the Odd Nosdam remix out under HI, though I guess that would've undermined the attention and marketing boon that having 'Boards of Canada' remix a track from your album can generate since most people are not aware of HI.

Archived