IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - Yuo're Life EP

Hail Sagan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't lie though, been lurking your soundcloud and hitting the play button like the braindance equivalent of Bubbles-the-wire-psd33906.png from The Wire

Let a fiend know if you got any bonus tracks laying around, and if you ever intend on releasing them later.

​On serious note, great call on the release. Judging by the ratio of ban(g)erz/mL you went for quality > quantity and it shows. Concentrated acid here, folks.

This needs a physical so bad, if not just for the first track itself. It would make for a tasty 12 :emotawesomepm9:

edit/ just got to Dreamwave, wow.

Aye, we want physical!!!

This is good shit, as ever. High quality ungimmicky braindance. Just brilliant really.

Another quality release from R.S.

Amazing release, been on repeat all day! :)

Hi Eddie! Thanks :)

eyes

Glad you all like it. More is always on the way nowadays.

Sweet music to mine and i am sure a lot of others' ears. I'm slightly drunk and need you to know that i have 125 of your tracks on a 9 hour playlist and they are all damn fine. You're up there with some much 'older' and more famous names in my eyes. The thing is, and don't take this as a criticism, I think the best is yet to come.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get ASMR from whispery cunts eating Chinese food but I get it from this track.

lol. Is that even a real thing? I tried to watch one video after hearing about it and it was some lady chewing gum and whispering some naïvely positive bullshit into the camera. It didn't send tingles down my spine, it just annoyed the shit out of me and made me close the tab within no more than 30 seconds of starting the vid.

Also, agree with the way you described Dreamwave. I actually submitted a shittily-written review over at sputnik

“Dreamwave” is likely the warmest sounding song in Rolando’s body of work. One of his signatures is his tendency to accentuate and use the bass as a focal point on tracks, but here it is the amazing swells of sound that flow in and out of the song like a calm breeze that move the song to another level.

I don't get ASMR from whispery cunts eating Chinese food but I get it from this track.

lol. Is that even a real thing? I tried to watch one video after hearing about it and it was some lady chewing gum and whispering some naïvely positive bullshit into the camera. It didn't send tingles down my spine, it just annoyed the shit out of me and made me close the tab within no more than 30 seconds of starting the vid.

Also, agree with the way you described Dreamwave. I actually submitted a shittily-written review over at sputnik

“Dreamwave” is likely the warmest sounding song in Rolando’s body of work. One of his signatures is his tendency to accentuate and use the bass as a focal point on tracks, but here it is the amazing swells of sound that flow in and out of the song like a calm breeze that move the song to another level.

Thanks for the nice review :)

Dreamwave really is about sea/waves/water. I try not to over complicate things and just draw from life most of the time, and I don't get away from home much so RS is a blend of a few simple things; sights, sounds, smells, relationships, observations, people and (most importantly) iterations of earlier themes/versions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry for breaking your link, will u/l final version shortly!

Hell yeah

So is this for an upcoming Album/EP that's in the works or is it just it's own thing?

Hell yeah

So is this for an upcoming Album/EP that's in the works or is it just it's own thing?

it's from upcoming ep - 'human touch'

Hell yeah

it's from upcoming ep - 'human touch'

Love that song

still-time.regular.png

Archived