IGNORED

Mark Pritchard - Under the Sun LP

? almost sounds like a remix of Shine On You Crazy Diamond - the single guitar note coming around 2:40 is really reminiscent of that track imo (especially the way it sounds) and the 4 notes guitar phrase coming right after totally sounds like the one in Shine One, only slowed down.

I'm probably wrong tho but I thought it was an amusing fact.

Anyway, track is really good !

Pretty lazy track if you ask me. I can't remember the exact track but the percussion is DEFINITELY Moondog. I'm travelling right now but can look it up when I'm back tomorrow. The flute part is a barely reworked sample of the track below. It may not be the original source but you could bang out this track super quick with just those two samples.

I imagine the 'flute part' is taken from a Mellotron, funnily enough I think the track you posted just uses a loop from an Optigan (Pritchard makes lots of use of both the Mellotron and Optigan in the Harmonic 33 release). Demo of the thing here -

Ah yeah makes sense now that I think back to that Harmonic 33 album, great one! Still, it's more than a passing resemblance to me and not his strongest work. Will still give the album a shot, cool he's still trying new directions just not loving this track.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, how did I miss this? Getting some serious BoC "Heard From Telegraph Lines" vibes from the first minute of Sad Alron. Nice tunes, I'll be looking for this release next month!

totally BOC vibes

Edited by Kavinsky

Real nice vibe but about 3 times too long: By about the 2 minutes mark it's done all it needs to do, the rest just seems like unnecessary looping !

My thoughts exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna wait 'til the CD comes because nothing beats that fresh out of the packaging first listen, but gotta say it's pretty hard not just getting that stream open.