IGNORED

Gold Panda - Good Luck and Do Your Best

joshuatxuk

New Gold Panda LP on the way.

dcd50cd5-05b2-4892-a3ca-4892c60acd09-950

I loved his first two albums, looking forward to this one. Saw him live last time he toured stateside, even met him where he signed my cassette copy of Half Of Where You Live.

His music has always had this melancholy feeling to them at times, the kind of feels you get at those moments when you're travelling and find yourself alone in a new place after a busy day.

• 2 months later...

bump - listened to the album this morning and it delivered

nothing drastic in his style, if anything he's honed in on his sound more than anything, nothing seemed to drag on or sound too forced

Really loved his first album, but the 2nd all kinda sounded the same to me... from what I've heard of the 2 songs released off this one it sounds great! I'm hoping it's more like his first...

• 2 months later...

I hadn't listened to any Gold Panda prior to this. Spotified the album on a whim, enjoyed it, grabbed the vinyl the next day, and I've been spinning it ever since. Aces.

What album/EP of his should I check out next? 

"You" and "Marriage" singles/EPs and his debut album Lucky Shiner. Quitter's Raga was his breakout song back in 2009.

His album before this one is excellent as well, Half of Where You Live and it's most similar to Good Luck...

If you're still hooked from there I'd hit up Companion, his remaining EPs and his DJ Kicks album. 

Archived