IGNORED

CDP Soundshaper

ceiling

MMmmmm, so apparently, behind the scenes, there is accelerating movement on the CDP tool development for Renoise, with a matrix and preset saving etc....the gui in the screenshot is still very incomplete, but a teaser ;-) ;

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-08%20at%2019.40.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

err;

29577772023_b33fe48785_h.jpgcdp teaser by Hiek A Matiek, on Flickr

:cry:

MMmmmm, so apparently, behind the scenes, there is accelerating movement on the CDP tool development for Renoise, with a matrix and preset saving etc....the gui in the screenshot is still very incomplete, but a teaser ;-) ;

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-08%20at%2019.40.

anymore info on this? Are they talking about It over on the renoise forum? 

anymore info on this? Are they talking about It over on the renoise forum? 

You are asking like you can't access the Renoise forums? Here's what the tool dev says on the Renoise forum;

It's a matter of when, but it won't be anytime soon because, well.. coding is hard smile.png

The major addition is obviously the processing grid which will really allow CDP to be used in the way it was intended. It is exciting stuff and I'm quite motivated to get it done, so watch this space smile.png

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/41882-new-tool-30-cdp-lua-tool/?p=351471

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/41882-new-tool-30-cdp-lua-tool/?p=352902

While v2 of this tool is still cooking, I've managed to build an envelope editor native to the tool GUI. I've integrated this into the current tool so here's v0.68:

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 19.02.48.png

Get it on the tools page here: http://www.renoise.com/tools/cdp-interface

XENAKIOS Reaper cdp tool is the easiest to preview different processes with and ww to make breakpoints in situ.. But not sure if it has all of the processes available.

I like Soundshaper a lot, makes it easy to access the processes in a logical menu.

Renoise could organize the list of processes better. Should be crazy with the cell matrix paradigm

Renoise could organize the list of processes better. Should be crazy with the cell matrix paradigm

yep, work in progress;

31431779645_fc25734133_b.jpg

A preset system is to be implemented where you can save your matrix set-ups, sort a like batch files or 'instruments' as they are called in Soundloom. It is intended that the process selectors automatically filter the existing definition list for connectable in & out-puts (filtering out excess stuff).

So if you have selected a process that'll output a .ana file, the list will show all definitions that can take .ana as input. Eventually you'll have to convert the .ana back to .wav, stuff that is being done automatically under the hood right now for fft processes, but once such set-up is saved, it can be recalled through the preset system.   

Maybe I'm blabbing :-) , but what I'm stoked about personally is possible inclusion of homebrew sample manipulation processes. So that able scripters can link up their own sample mangling algorithms, wrap them up in something the tool understands so you can use such processes somewhere in the matrix. Be able to mix Sox with CDP etcetera.  

Maybe I'm blabbing :-) , but what I'm stoked about personally is possible inclusion of homebrew sample manipulation processes. So that able scripters can link up their own sample mangling algorithms, wrap them up in something the tool understands so you can use such processes somewhere in the matrix. Be able to mix Sox with CDP etcetera.

Isn't that just any audio plugin format (VST, JS etc.)

Isn't that just any audio plugin format (VST, JS etc.)

I'm not sure what you mean with that, vst's are realtime. CDP & Sox are offline processes you can use to transform samples / a different way of working. What I mean with homebrew is that the tool could use processes outside of the CDP scope. E.g you have your own equal power crossfade looper code, wrap it inside some syntax the tool would understand and you can insert it into the matrix. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just stumbled upon this post on Xenakios blog. https://xenakios.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/what-is-%CE%BB-is-hourglass-dead/

A modular patching environment using cdp processes amongst other things. Certainly looks interesting. It's not out yet nor does it seem to have any release date yet.

awesome, seems like he has made a big leap forward with this last time I seen it. He made a post about it a while ago on the CDP forum. 

Archived