IGNORED

Sentinel (ballet score)

ola t

So apologies if there's a thread for this already, but nothing came up when I tried to search for it... Apparently Clark has written a score for a new dance piece called "Sentinel" by Australian choreographer Antony Hamilton. The world premiere was tonight, right here in my home town of Malmö, Sweden. Huh. I guess I should go see it.

Skånes Dansteater (the dance company) website.

Trailer on Youtube ("Sentinel" bits start at 1:10)

• 2 weeks later...

The show is back in Malmö now, so I went to see it Saturday night and enjoyed it a lot. Yes, excellent music, though it's so closely tailored to the dancing at times that what we'd really need is a DVD or something.

I don't know much about dance but I liked that this was mostly groups of people using their bodies to make patterns, and not so much solo or duo jumping-about show-offing. The sculpture (by Dutch artist Boris Tellegen) almost steals the show. Surely it's the most IDM thing that's been suspended from a ceiling since Aphex's piano.

I went with my eight year old kid, who said he thought Clark's music was a bit scary. Don't think he was particularly traumatized though.

By the way, the program notes say Clark will release an album in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

2017 sounds way too fare away but with the soundtrack maybe it's true...

Anyway I saw a dance thing with music from Clark (coming out of dozens of little wooden boxes) in Berlin... beautiful. good to see that he carries on that path though it would be nice to release that stuff...

Archived