IGNORED

Symphonies For The Devil - Beathaven

flacid

I adore this record! Beautiful stuff! Physical release PLEASE!

I'm curious, did you record the first 6 tracks to tape? I love the hiss.

Very kind. I'd like to have a physical release but it's unlikely at the moment. Maybe one day.

5 of the 7 are recorded to tape. Unfortunately my Tascam charger started smoking the other day so that's fucked for now... :sad:

if you don't mind me asking, how does bandcamp work? i mean, they take 15% from each sold digital item right?

other thing, is there a way of knowing how much albums/tracks an artist has sold? do the number of supporters gives you that number?

now playing your album but i believe i've listened to most of the songs on here...

edit: do you have to get a fan account to be able to buy? can't do it with an artist account?

thanks in advance!

still still my favorite track! that part always gets me!

Please don't ask for bandcamp customer service in EKT, lol.

I really like this release! Some tracks definitely have an aged feel, kind of similar to Photodementia, but it's working for you IMO. Exciled was unexpected, and very good, fits with the release despite being totally different.

Love the tape sounds of course, I assume it's Exciled and Pussy Galore that are not tape - it's welcome variation to have some tracks with and some without that fuzzy compression.

Anyhow, all and all, great work. Looking forward to more.

if you don't mind me asking, how does bandcamp work? i mean, they take 15% from each sold digital item right?

other thing, is there a way of knowing how much albums/tracks an artist has sold? do the number of supporters gives you that number?

now playing your album but i believe i've listened to most of the songs on here...

edit: do you have to get a fan account to be able to buy? can't do it with an artist account?

thanks in advance!

still still my favorite track! that part always gets me!

I actually had forgotten about the bandcamp percentage! The album is €5 (£4, $5.6) but they take 15% and then paypal take a 5% cut too... Probably a better way but, well, I'm kind of new to it. From what I've seen so far the number of sales are represented by 'supported by'?

The songs were all recorded over the last 2 weeks but some weren't added on here (wary of spamming enough as it is). I'm pretty sure you need a fan account as I've bought a few albums recently. I don't get why you can't use one for both actions but oh well!

lol, I've was talking to my girlfriend about you liking that bit. She listened to 'Still' and it was the only bit she didn't like :emotawesomepm9:

Please don't ask for bandcamp customer service in EKT, lol.

I really like this release! Some tracks definitely have an aged feel, kind of similar to Photodementia, but it's working for you IMO. Exciled was unexpected, and very good, fits with the release despite being totally different.

Love the tape sounds of course, I assume it's Exciled and Pussy Galore that are not tape - it's welcome variation to have some tracks with and some without that fuzzy compression.

Anyhow, all and all, great work. Looking forward to more.

Cheers for checking it out man. Checking out Photodementia, it's badass! :music: My love is for 90's pads, old gear and tape so like the old feel. I wasn't going to put Exiled on but I like it a lot (in some ways it's my favourite track) Probably a homage to tracks like Gwety Mernans or SAW II stuff. You are correct on the tape guesses. Disappointed me I couldn't tape 'Pussy Galore' but the Tascam charger was smoking so I thought it was probably worth giving some time... :wink:

Sweet :)

Loving this - Great job m8

Appreciate you both checking it out, cheers! :beer:

The songs were all recorded over the last 2 weeks but some weren't added on here (wary of spamming enough as it is). I'm pretty sure you need a fan account as I've bought a few albums recently. I don't get why you can't use one for both actions but oh well!

lol, I've was talking to my girlfriend about you liking that bit. She listened to 'Still' and it was the only bit she didn't like :emotawesomepm9:

thanks man, about the bandcamp info, and i'm sorry if this wasn't the best place to ask about it...

yeah i noticed some tracks i didn't knew, and i really liked them, wow factor i remember, will comment soon ;)

No worries man, glad to help (with my limited Bandcamp knowledge...)

Glad you liked them, 1st collection of tracks that I've been happy with. Always pleased to hear feedback :beer:

15 % is a bit rich, time for a new bandcamp. The problem is for those of us with our own urls is that bandcamp is a promotional platform in and of itself so that's why you would be drawn to it. Still, 15% is usury, not justifiable given the rock bottom cost to bandcamp itself for hosting and moving the file, time for it to die. It would cost nothing to create a competitor so surely there is already a plethora of competition.

Where did the album go? Bandcamp says it's not there anymore. I was getting ready to buy it

Hey dude, just making a few tweaks. Will be back soon. :beer:

15 % is a bit rich, time for a new bandcamp. The problem is for those of us with our own urls is that bandcamp is a promotional platform in and of itself so that's why you would be drawn to it. Still, 15% is usury, not justifiable given the rock bottom cost to bandcamp itself for hosting and moving the file, time for it to die. It would cost nothing to create a competitor so surely there is already a plethora of competition.

Yeah I agree with this. There is also a Paypal charge which I hadn't taken into account. Soundcloud are hinting that they are moving to have a platform where people can buy music on site but I don't know when that will be (or whether they'll still have users by then...

Archived