IGNORED

Morning Music

user

It was this kind of morning

But smooth stuff like funk and soul is really good for easing you into the positive vibes of being awake and living

just found an incredible Jimmy Page vinyl on youtube he did for the soundtrack to the film lucifer rising. im not linking the video cause im afraid it's bad luck and im scared of the occult

I heard about this only the other day, I was was watching this and he talks about it..

This is more of a vague observation, but anyone else find music in the mornings more emotional? Lump in throat and goosebumps inducing? Especially early morning dawn and when you're alone.

This one is a bit literal with the title but really has a vibe of "waking up and getting the day started"

This is more of a vague observation, but anyone else find music in the mornings more emotional? Lump in throat and goosebumps inducing? Especially early morning dawn and when you're alone.

Always been a morning human. It's when most of the planet in your neck of the woods is fast asleep, and for me the most spiritual and secretive time. Even on a sunday I'll go for a big cycle (once the clock goes forward) I'm gliding through the streets at 5am out to the countryside while the people sleep. Perfect.

Summer evenings are great too though, but yes I love the early, early morning. Very much so.

good "getting on the road before sunrise" songs

not quite the same vibe but this one was nonetheless kind of morning anthem in my car when i was full-blown angsty teenager mode in high school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Pm2NSO5u8

No need to look much further than The Usual Watmm Suspects. Boards, Aphex, Autechre, Squarepusher, Bola, Bochum Welt, ambient Eno. They make the best real early morning music imo.

A lot but not all of the time for the first hour or so I like silence and the sound of the birds waking up. Peace is hard to find in this world, so its good to respect it.

Christ I sound like a fucking hippy lol.

I used to listen to Dead Can Dance's "Song of the Nile" almost every morning for like 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdYYbhDtc4

Shortly followed by Animal Collective's "Grass."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWvKlOeqgU

These days it's just kind of whatever I'm listening to at any time. Lots of MNLTH right now.

just found an incredible Jimmy Page vinyl on youtube he did for the soundtrack to the film lucifer rising. im not linking the video cause im afraid it's bad luck and im scared of the occult

I heard about this only the other day, I was was watching this and he talks about it..

It is really really good ambient synth music. Sounds like some aphex soiundcloud shit. i was blasting it on Saturday and I noticed vultures gathering around outside my house. Im done with that now

Summer evenings are great too though.

I got a lump in my throat reading that. I have a lot of memories of late night swims, cruising around with friends, and simply sitting on a porch listening to cicadas and trains in the distance. One thing I miss lately is time to unwind like that.

• 2 months later...

+1 for Bert Jansch's Avocet, such a beaut album. Actually bought it for my dad's birthday a few weeks ago.

Also, that The Undisputed Truth track, holy shit!

Also, I don't care how non-idm or cliched it is, if this doesn't put you in a chill old mood for the day then there's something wrong with you:

^Undisputed classic. One of those chill and subtle upbeat songs that also has a big dose of melancholy.

Nice reggae cover of it I always liked:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived