IGNORED

AE_DUBLIN

phudoshin

da luv?

This slipped on to my daily commute drive recently and ........... its just so hypnotic and gorgeous - especially the extended circa 25 min phatness.

Plus i was at the gig and clearly remember entering a major head-mosh-off with some passers-by at the back. it was 10 minutes of mentalness with two fellas and me and my mate - then we nodded acknowledgment, fist-bumped as the track swtiched and they went on their merry way.

I had an audio recorder at the sound-desk too and was gonna ask the sound guy was it ok but he looked very serious. iittle did i know we'd get an official soundboard release! - maybe if i asked he would have said :p

I drove 120 miles home from this pretty much in a daze. The sheer physicality of the sound (took me a good 10 mins to find a sweet spot) was amazing. It was dry ice overload by the end if memory serves me, or it could have been Sean's e-cig lol. I'd say a fair few peeps were unprepared for Ae live, I don't believe that club strays to much from the 4/4 but kudos for bringing Ae, and it being xmas an all gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all round. To have the soundboard 10 months later was the perfect surprise. It's one of my faves but I sway towards the second batch of soundboards (at the minute anyway)

• 8 months later...

Just curious. I was at the Utrecht gig. But the mastered release does not compare to the real thing. Maybe i need to play it really loud at the same place in Utrecht? How does the mastered release of Dublin works for you?

sure its grand Ted

Was this the gig in District 8 on 19 December 2014?

If so, it went completely over my head. I remember at the time being left rather empty and confused, as were my mates

Wouldn't mind giving it another listen if there's any links?

Wouldn't mind giving it another listen if there's any links?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LoFcPDJvQI

Dublin & Grafenhainichen are the two I've listened to most over the last couple months. Before that it was Krakow & Utrecht... But they are all just... totally mind-bending.... 

This is next contender for my AE LIVE folder on my mp3 player.

Been listening to Nagano the last couple weeks, I like it, it sounds a bit softer, subdued, less harsh than the others I've heard (Utrecht, Grafen)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived