IGNORED

Who does what?

sweepstakes

I knew Matmos was a couple but Plaid was news to me

Continuing with the duos, Funkstorung broke up and stopped talking but only just recently started working together again

Sean and Rob are just the epitome of the functional music duo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny that they still work in a pair like some shitty over-produced techstep drum-n-bass. Pan Sonic is no more (clearly they lasted as much coz they stopped talking to each other at some point), Mouse on Mars has shitloads of solo Jan Werner on the side and kinda half-ass anyway. Plaid and Matmos are gay couples? BoC are brothers or a cult or whatever, they aren't prolific. FSOL didn't last etc.

A+ post

I also remember in the AAA thread Rob gave some details about how Maphive 6.1 was all made with one specific hardware piece, with a photo of it, and talked about what a pain it is to compose on

From this I will assume Maphive6.1 is a Rob solo

Wait, no fucking way. Maphive was made on just one of these?

pma5_62681.jpg

Mind asplodes, this is my favorite autechre track

src: search maphive at AAA doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XAizLmKun4yF6oBVUhIrewYN-ZiY_9ORckmT-hF93Ho/edit#gid=0

Continuing with the duos, Funkstorung broke up and stopped talking but only just recently started working together again

Plaid aren't a couple. one of them is married and has a young kid. years ago when they came to portland one of them came to an after party at my friend's house. nice guy. i think i asked him a dumb question about "Children of Men" or "V for Vendetta" for some reason (alcohol sleep dep mush brain being that reason)

I also remember in the AAA thread Rob gave some details about how Maphive 6.1 was all made with one specific hardware piece, with a photo of it, and talked about what a pain it is to compose on

pma5_62681.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XAizLmKun4yF6oBVUhIrewYN-ZiY_9ORckmT-hF93Ho/edit#gid=0

yeah it's one of my favourites. I actually considered getting a PMA-5, and then I saw this video

and realised that sequencing on it would be a fkn pain in the ass. Still looks cool though.

Guest bitroast

yeah it's one of my favourites. I actually considered getting a PMA-5, and then I saw this video

and realised that sequencing on it would be a fkn pain in the ass. Still looks cool though.

skimmed thru this vid occassionally listening to the audio demos, hoping that by the end of the demo the song would magically sound like glitched out AE. never quite got there but still p cool ^^

i'd like to at leaste know who did vletrmx21, drane 2, last minutes of sublimit and yjy ux

Plaid aren't a couple. one of them is married and has a young kid.

nah it's just a cover

I've never seen that sequence before in my life

Seems like there was this golden era of awesome under-the-radar gear back in the 90's

Like that Roland EF-303 (or whatever it was called) dedicated effects box where you can sequence reverb swells and all that fun stuff

*goes to browse Vintage Synth Explorer to find some cool 90's gear to buy myself for my birthday*

The PMA-5 does sound very cool, for general MIDI it's pretty great. Not nearly as extensive, sound-wise, as its rival, the QY70, but it looks cooler imo..

Archived