IGNORED

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story <Spoilers>

Rubin Farr

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://io9.gizmodo.com/disney-is-bringing-on-even-more-help-to-reshoot-star-wa-1780541867

The goal of the reshoots appears to be to convert the film from that of a war film feel to more of a “four quadrant” movie.

I dunno what a 'four-quadrant' movie is, but a Star Wars war film sounds kind of cool?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/disney-is-bringing-on-even-more-help-to-reshoot-star-wa-1780541867

The goal of the reshoots appears to be to convert the film from that of a war film feel to more of a “four quadrant” movie.

I dunno what a 'four-quadrant' movie is, but a Star Wars war film sounds kind of cool?

In the Hollywood movie industry, a four-quadrant movie is one which appeals to all four major demographic "quadrants" of the moviegoing audience:

*vomits*

I thought that these Star Wars stories movies would be a good avenue for taking risks and making different kinds of movies based in the SW universe, but of course money dictates everything in the world and we get yet another safe focus group tested movie. Thought that studios would be a little less risk averse when the R-rated Deadpool banked some $700m, but guess not.

Guest bitroast

yeh feels that aza^

hollywood just cant pump put a multi million film without expecting 5x as much back in return or its considered a flop. zero regard for artistic intregity or whatever. we cinema going scum are lucky if anything half decent comes out of this rat mess system.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the main character names were released this week, including the big reveal that Forest Whitaker plays the older version of Saw Gerrera, a Rebel extremist from The Clone Wars animated series, making him the first character to cross over from an animated origin to live action films:

24608530-168D-4D1C-8B30-8A30CAFEA0E3_zps

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saw_Gerrera

Palpatine turned evil because his girlfriend dumped him. LOL, classic Lucas.

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-tv-show-live-action-canceled-emperor-origin/

flol

"Probably the really small beginnings of this idea, the germination of this - when I was working at Lucas, I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show. It was the most mind-blowing thing I'd ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this f***ing heartless woman. She's this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That's something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers."

"Probably the really small beginnings of this idea, the germination of this - when I was working at Lucas, I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show. It was the most mind-blowing thing I'd ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this f***ing heartless woman. She's this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That's something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers."

Lmao holy shit why do people give this guy money, he's got the emotional depth of a 15 year old

Lmao holy shit why do people give this guy money, he's got the emotional depth of a 15 year old

It all stems back from Lucas' tragic relationship with his first girlfriend where she wouldn't let him get to first base. It destroyed him.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've been consumed by the dark side of the force. At work today bidding on ebay for models of x-wings, kylo rens and one of those sphero bb-8's. My subconscious is like 'you have a mild interest in star wars, what are you doing?' but I just want them so much after watching Force Awakens again last night.

Guest bitroast

still skeptical on behalf of hating godzilla and finding it to be momentum-less and boring ... but ... holy fuck do they know how to fool me into putting those preconceptions aside and say THIS LOOKS WICKED! look at all the star wars!!

Agreed, I'm really enjoying everything I'm seeing from this. It has a very different tone for a SW film which is really going to be more important than a lot of people realize, I think.

this looks really bad, no? also why is her delivery so robotic in everything i've seen? like she might as well look directly into the camera and wink after saying "we're going to fight in a war. a star war."

this looks really bad, no? also why is her delivery so robotic in everything i've seen? like she might as well look directly into the camera and wink after saying "we're going to fight in a war. a star war."

Yeah, in all the clips with the lead actress I've been cringing a tiny bit. But fuckit, the acting in Star Wars has never been fantastic even though I thought the acting was pretty good in TFA.

Archived