IGNORED

Shobaleader One - Squarepusher Theme

pizza

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

digging this :^)

i like it really is just squarepusher theme straight up played live. authenticity levels thru the roof. thanks to tommy j's inside knowledge on how the tracks were made and what sounds and techniques to utilise. this is it boys. squarepusher live da real deal.

would buy tickets if i could. come to australia :^)

Guest bitroast

the drum freakout torward the end. that is one top notch drummer. the style evokes the cut up 90s squarepusher drum n bass styles, while injecting its own tasty flavour. almost sounds ... dare i say it ?? a tad in the just a souvenir direction.

again. i would kill to see dis (or at the very least, get da full live set released digitally via $$$ or whatnot).

Really nice!

looking forward to hearing more old shit mixed with new shit... cover all the basses, so to speak!

I'd really love to hear "Beep Street" by the band. Its probably a bit much to expect "my fucking sound" tho :p

"But I reckon since then electronic music has itself become well acquainted with inertia and conservatism (and possibly also smarminess and tepidity"

jesus tom... listen to Ae_live ffs. Quality amazingness.... wtf is he listening to?

"But I reckon since then electronic music has itself become well acquainted with inertia and conservatism (and possibly also smarminess and tepidity"

jesus tom... listen to Ae_live ffs. Quality amazingness.... wtf is he listening to?

Ok, but in tom's defense your response to his quote included the best of the best, not much else besides Autechre can come back at his statement.

On another note, how is this write-up on on Q written like there was no Shobaleader One before (six years ago)?

Nice. His bass is actually full of small pauses, accents and 'spaces' than in the original. Also like the Ultravisitor-ish (album) ending... Shows how much he matured in bass playing

This melted my face off

Please rerecord all material using this setup, thank you Tom

That would be an insta-buy for me. I hope they at least to an album which has like covers of old Squarepusher golds and new songs too. Would love to hear some more.

that goddamn drummer is amazing, really. Totally encapsulates the vibe of the original.

i would easily pay for an album of squarepusher covers from shobaleader if they were all this quality

Hell yeah me too.

live dvd imo, it has to happen

Like I said on facebook, I'm so happy that he's finally doing a full live fusion band. FUCK I've been waiting for this since I first heard those jazz tracks on Hard Normal Daddy.

edit: I wonder if this means that there will be some actual live versions of the jazzy/full band tracks from Ultravisitor?! holy shit

Archived