IGNORED

Autechre On Radio Heads Up

Guest GNG

Wow that was great! So is that part of a longer set? Never heard it before, very good quality recording. Would love to hear the rest if so.

That's the only part of their meltdown set that's ever been broadcast - originally went out on a John Peel show but it was only that track that was played.

There's a full version of a similar set floating about, 1998 new york I think. Soundboard recording so a bit dryer and no crowd noise. Well worth checking out, it's got live versions of gaekwad and draun quarter and the last 25 minutes is pure unreleased lp5-era madness.

Wow that was great! So is that part of a longer set? Never heard it before, very good quality recording. Would love to hear the rest if so.

That's the only part of their meltdown set that's ever been broadcast - originally went out on a John Peel show but it was only that track that was played.

There's a full version of a similar set floating about, 1998 new york I think. Soundboard recording so a bit dryer and no crowd noise. Well worth checking out, it's got live versions of gaekwad and draun quarter and the last 25 minutes is pure unreleased lp5-era madness.

Fuck i need to hear this. Cheers for the info, will try hunt it down

Recorded while listening just now, the John Peel broadcast I have from this gig is just 8 minutes while this is roughly 14 minutes? I don't keep up very well with AE_LIVE lore so I might've missed a more complete part?

Here's the recording if anyone would just want the AE part: https://we.tl/vKSF15KBOr

Recorded while listening just now, the John Peel broadcast I have from this gig is just 8 minutes while this is roughly 14 minutes? I don't keep up very well with AE_LIVE lore so I might've missed a more complete part?

Here's the recording if anyone would just want the AE part: https://we.tl/vKSF15KBOr

Thanks! just got round to listening. like wise the version I had was only 8 mins so nice to get them extra few mins.

Anyone found this? Sounds amazing!!

Anyone found this? Sounds amazing!!

"Autechre___1998_08_09___Canada_British_Columbia_Vancouver" is that file. It's also under "2000-xx-xx-usa-new-york-new-york-city". They are exactly the same tracks so there must be some mistake.

Just to make it a bit more confusing, there's also this...

https://www.nightclubber.com.ar/foro/12/sets/204399/autechre-live-meltdown-98-southbank-centre-london-20-06-1998-a.html

which purports to be Meltdown 98 but is ~45 mins.

I tried matching this to the one aired on radio but it wasn't easy. In particular, there was a crowd whistle near the start which didn't appear in the one at the link above. Having said that, they do tend to put crowd noise in to the Live Music Hour so they can change track orders and such. Couldn't really conclude if the two recording were the same before my head exploded. :huh:

If the one labelled Vancouver is the same as the broadcast one then it would be more likely that it is in fact the Meltdown one, since there is no reason why the BBC should have a copy, let alone broadcast a set from Vancouver...they tend not to broadcast unofficial recordings.

Archived