IGNORED

The "melody generating" step sequencer ITVL (interval)

zleep

So, as I mentioned in this thread, (yes its been a year) I made a max patch for generating melody, and now it is a standalone app called ITVL (interval).

It is basically a generative sequencer packed into a step sequencer, you decide when the next step will be triggered and what note will be played instead of letting algorithms do it, so you have the full control and it is easy to change a single note anytime. It is like you have the generative framework but your brain will be the "algorithm".

It is my first time to make an app and it did take a lot of time to build on my prototype, fix bugs, a bunch of stuffs were added and a lot of functions were adjusted for releasing to public.

How do you guys think about this?

It is available here

some videos, more are coming soon.

[youtubehd]LD3H8RUSFIE[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]tPg3IQRkZFw[/youtubehd]

This looks interesting, it certainly can do a lot. The ability of a step sequencer to control the length of each note independently isn't something I think I've seen elsewhere.

Any particular reason behind limiting scales to a maximum of 7 notes?

It has a chromatic scale in the poly mode, check out the feature video @4:35

I use Heptatonic scale for the mono mode because it is the most common scale used, and it allows you to use Pentatonic, Hexatonic scale as well by just leaving one or two rows blank.

This looks interesting, it certainly can do a lot. The ability of a step sequencer to control the length of each note independently isn't something I think I've seen elsewhere.

Thanks man! I have been using it myself for a while before I make the app, it is a lot of fun to use and yes there is nothing like this, that is why I decided to make it an app.

Looks really cool. It would be a good idea to add a demo version, make it to where it works for a short time, like 10-15 mins, then the audio goes out, or maybe make it to where you can't export midi or something, or maybe not let you save patches.. if there are patches.

Looks really cool. It would be a good idea to add a demo version, make it to where it works for a short time, like 10-15 mins, then the audio goes out, or maybe make it to where you can't export midi or something

There is a demo version with limited function, you can use it forever, download at bottom of the itvl page.

Archived