IGNORED

Plaid - The Digging Remedy

fumi

Guest WNS000

To me, melodies in general get old soon. If you don't have unique atmosphere (sounds) around it and you keep doing the melodies in the same key/mood it will become boring very fast. But that is just my opinion ofc. I have this bad property that I can remember music very quickly and very well. I can replay big chunks of many Autechre tracks in my head (including Gantz Graf and other crazy stuff). So I am very sensitive to tracks that are melody-friendly without things that can confuse you (ie interesting sounds).

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WNS000

No, because the melody is also interesting sound-wise/texture-wise and in the interesting sounding context of the rest of the track. That is what I tried to explain here. Nothing in that track is "normal" and that is what produces the longevity imo. Not For Threes is to me still interesting because of interesting sounds and textures. Something like that.

But I am not really hating new Plaid. Will still check the album. I just wish they would stay more ambitious really.

Guest Chesney

Well, new track "the bee" is out there. Plenty of Bennet Walsh but ideawise and jankyness is more akin to not for threes and restproof so nothing like reachy. It does sound a bit thin on the ground so I'm not sure about it right now.

Guest Chesney

Hmmm, If I was a fanboy of anyone it would be Plaid but I have to be a realist and say that i'm not feeling the bee at all.

Not put off by it but I hope it's a lone wolf.

I don't mind it at all, reminds me of Rest Proof Clockwork era stuff. I didn't like Rest Proof for a long time and then suddenly I came to really love it, especially Dang Spot. Very different from recent material, in a good way imo.

Will see how it pans out on the album itself!

Damn! Just finding out about this, nice surprise having a new album already. I'm used to keeping up with music news with my Facebook list that includes artists, publications, and labels I like, but have slacked off in the last few weeks.

Track is nice even if not surprising. Album cover is pretty shit though.

nvm found it, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079cnxy

at the 48 min mark.

Pretty unusual! I don't know if I'd even be able to guess this was Plaid without knowing beforehand.

Not doing alot for me unfortunately :(

thx for posting the njew track from Plaaat.

nice little track getting boring towards the end

My first listen to the new track. I'm diggin' it.

Quite nice. Pretty little melodies throughout. Kind of similar to some tracks off reachy prints. Actually reminds me more of not for threes tbh.

I would have zero complaints if the whole album was an extension or continuation of the sounds and vibe they had going in reachy prints though. I actually quite like every plaid album out there. Always solid releases.

One thing that's great about The Bee is the sound, but the atmosphere and sadness of say 'Ralome' isn't quite there in the same way. Not to be a dick. I'm still super excited for the album. If there's anything about Plaid I remember it's the vivid atmospheres of the sounds and such, and the crazy notes and melodies are perfect additions

• 3 weeks later...

will give the album a listen when it's released.

the album art reminds me of the dead kennedys for some reason

ros396.jpg

yep, and the Hellraiser Puzzle Box

Archived