IGNORED

Raster Noton 20 year party at Berghain

http://berghain.de/event/1607

This was last night, it was great. Mainly went for Emptyset, Atom TM and Alva Noto, all of which were absolutely balls out killing it. There are certain live musics which sound awful at Berghain (cough, AE, OPN) but these three sounded like they made their music with the place in mind.

Did anyone from watmm attend?

yea.. one or two tracks/jams which were not from the album, all MPC

there was one track where he went totally overboard with sample retrigger/stutter, but the visuals were tightly synced to it and it was fun.

Also several minutes of nuclear bomb explosion video footage

What is currently Alva Noto up to? I've seen him live twice (circa TransAll & Xerrox Vol.1), and it was absolutely fantastic.

didn't see his gear, but think it was laptop & controllers..

it was sharp kick drums with bright strobes synced to them & a variety of noise bursts & occasional synth drones, quite energetic...

His sound was super precise and the beats were lush.. very loud too. Not sure if it's new material or album stuff, I know only some of his albums..

didn't see his gear, but think it was laptop & controllers..

it was sharp kick drums with bright strobes synced to them & a variety of noise bursts & occasional synth drones, quite energetic...

His sound was super precise and the beats were lush.. very loud too. Not sure if it's new material or album stuff, I know only some of his albums..

sounds about right.

pretty cool man, wish i could've been there

maann great line up! i was meant to see Kangding Ray here in Syd last year but i broke my thumb the day before and decided not to <:(

Archived