IGNORED

New Radiohead Album w/ BOC Connection?

Alzado

Pitchfork is reporting that there is a new Radiohead album that is imminent. Interestingly, the band has created two new companies called Dawn Chorus LLP and Dawnchorus Ltd. Could this be a mere coincidence? It seems unlikely given the handful of references to Geogaddi on Radiohead's previous release In Rainbows.

So what gives?

http://pitchfork.com/news/65175-radiohead-erase-internet-presence/

Pitchfork is reporting that there is a new Radiohead album that is imminent. Interestingly, the band has created two new companies called Dawn Chorus LLP and Dawnchorus Ltd. Could this be a mere coincidence? It seems unlikely given the handful of references to Geogaddi on Radiohead's previous release In Rainbows.

So what gives?

http://pitchfork.com/news/65175-radiohead-erase-internet-presence/

looking at remixes boards of canada did during recent years your idea is not far fetched

thom has a song called dawn chorus as well. geogaddi on in rainbows? that's the first I've heard of that.

I'm sure they're pretty conscious of any boc reference but dawn chorus is not something boc made up.

I have every confidence in this new release being fantastic.

Yes, the baseline on All I Need. Also listen to the percussion on Videotape and then listen to Gyroscope.

Can't be a coincidence.

Dig up the old threads surrounding the time when In Rainbows came out. Everyone was making these comparisons.

No need to dig up old threads, All I Need sounds blatantly like BOC but still a fantastic tune in it's own right.

Personally I'm not going to overthink the Dawn Chorus connection.

Lol I know what a Dawn Chorus (within the animal kingdom) never knew about the electromagnetic phenomena effecting radio equipment though...

the only thing Radiohead and BoCCers have in common are that they're both deece but extremely overhyped.

Radiohead are my favorite band :(

I've always wondered why anyone is called over-hyped in the less popular kinds of music when the top 40 is getting 50x the amount of views than RH ever get.

thom has a song called dawn chorus as well. geogaddi on in rainbows? that's the first I've heard of that.

I'm sure they're pretty conscious of any boc reference but dawn chorus is not something boc made up.

I have every confidence in this new release being fantastic.

Yes, there are just SOOO many good songs they've done the past few years live, and have as potential songs. All 4 'new' ones they played last time out (had the pleasure of hearing Ful Stop LIVE :D fav track from them at the time) are good to great. Can tell this will be another album on the caliber of In Rainbows.

Radiohead are top 40 material. when they release, that is. they happen to sit in this space where they're alternative and experimental but at the same time command mass appeal. it's unique in a way, but their innovations in the standard "rock band" framework are by no means unguided by other hands. you know what I mean, the Warp guys, Kompakt probably, etc.

anyway, you don't have to be in the top 40 to be overhyped. many bands in niche scenes are, in their respective scenes, given more attention and praise than others, some unduly so. BoC and Radiohead are prime candidates imo. but I still like their music a lot.

You are speaking your emotions rather than saying anything based in fact. BOC overhyped? I mean how many records have they sold? They are loved and adored, perhaps weirdly worshipped, among their small group of loyal fans. But that's not the same thing as being overhyped. Two Princes was overhyped. Gangnam Style was overhyped. Radiohead used to get a lot of mainstream media attention, but it's been 15 or 20 years. Most people who listen to popular music are probably unaware that there is new Radiohead on the horizon and likely will never hear a single note from the new album. That's not overhyped.

While this is not really the place to discuss it, I find the new Radiohead song meh. The video's nice though, although I don't get the creator's suggestion it is a reflection of the european refugee crisis - I got more of "keep the government out of our lives" kinda vibe.

Archived