IGNORED

People Who Use Laptops on Trains

BCM

what about people who get their shitty dell windows xp laptop out on a train, and scroll up and down on a pointless excel spreadsheet, whilst pretending to concentrate in their cheap george at asda suit.

what a bunch of fucking dickheads.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about people who get their shitty dell windows xp laptop out on a train, and scroll up and down on a pointless excel spreadsheet, whilst pretending to concentrate in their cheap george at asda suit.

what a bunch of fucking dickheads.

this is pretty much my life. trying to work on trains and planes - although my suits are slightly better.

what a fucking norm

HAHAHA! Never done it. What about those people who have Apple everything - phone, ipad and laptop all synced up to their colostomy bag for 100% regurgitated faeces recycling. Let them get on with it. I prefer to sit and eat, always get hungry on a train.

dunno yeah, "businessmen" with their Excels and Powerpoints! weird. :]

Tried to do some programming on a train rides, it's too much shaking around to focus but, and this must be the reason for excel scrolling too: time goes by a lot faster.

---

once during a ICE ride there was a couple diagonally opposite of me, they were watching a movie on a MacBook, without headphones. WTF? How can you possibly think that's ok?

When I asked them to turn it down, they looked baffled. Did not understand why.

Yeah I'm that Apple guy who sits on the couch with my phone, iPad and Siri Remote next to me. Their voice recognition is getting better as the years go on, I can do a lot of slacking with just my voice. (Hands are reserved for wanking)

The Amazon Echo thing can now order pizza for you, play Spotify and call an Uber. All it needs now is "have a prostitute bring me weed" and we can all become Wall-E fatsos in our VR chairs for life.

exactly... whenever i see these people they're never actually doing anything productive...literally just clicking around empty cells...why they feel the need to show off a laptop worth approximately £14.50 is beyond me. why are you so keen to start your pointless work anyway? wait until you get to the office for god sake...enjoy your train journey, look at the nice scenery, go to the toilet and have your morning poo... i think generally it's men of a certain age who still think a laptop computer is cutting edge and gives some sort of kudos.

I hate people on subways more who use laptops and pretend to be creative or arty. I always hope someone comes by and steals their shit.

exactly... whenever i see these people they're never actually doing anything productive...literally just clicking around empty cells...why they feel the need to show off a laptop worth approximately £14.50 is beyond me. why are you so keen to start your pointless work anyway? wait until you get to the office for good sake...enjoy your train journey, look at the nice scenery, go to the toilet and have your morning poo... i think generally it's men of a certain age who still think a laptop computer is cutting edge and gives some sort of kudos.

lol clicking on empty cells...

lol you guys ever think maybe you think people are showing off cause it's a quality so known to yourself that you just presume everyone around you is doing it all the time as well. You're telling me you never open work that you really need to do, but you end up not doing it...isn't that just procrastination. I reckon the last thing these people are thinking about is showing off to you.

i don get this thread

edit: (post written while procrastinating)

you're clearly one of them. look, i don't really care that much if you're actually doing something - making a track, watching a movie, drawing an ms paint, whatever.... it's the pointless "business work" that annoys me.

lots of resentment for people who have no life. clicking empty cells in excel. Perhaps they're thinking they're playing minesweeper?

lol I'm guilty of this to a degree... I sit on most train journeys doing circuit schematic and PCB layout on my old MacBook. Does that make me a wanker?

Whenever I've finished 5 ep's during a 10 minute tram ride I hop into starbucks to relax with some gear.

Starbucks-Gamer-2016.jpg

Archived