IGNORED

James Blake - The Colour In Anything

misc

Damn! Is this an official album? I wonder if he's popular enough to drop so unexpectedly.

I think he's pretty well known now actually. He was just featured on the new Beyonce album and i'm pretty sure he's done stuff with kanye west. Those are BIG audiences to get exposure to.

Here's the cover art, looks like a quentin blake drawing

1172072.jpg

Damn! Is this an official album? I wonder if he's popular enough to drop so unexpectedly.

james blake is mainstream. look at kanyetothe thread about him.

very curious how this will sound!

^wat

It really blew me away on first listen. Overwhelming weekend of good music (radiohead..), but im possibly most excited to get more time with this album.

It seems closer to his self titled than Overgrown, or rather something in between his first 2 albums.

I find this horrendous and loved his first album. I must admit I also hated Overgrown.

I dont feel his music anymore. it seems so cliché and fake.

Love the new radiohead. Finally they are back to form!!!!

I find this horrendous and loved his first album. I must admit I also hated Overgrown.

I dont feel his music anymore. it seems so cliché and fake.

Love the new radiohead. Finally they are back to form!!!!

Sad to say it, but i agree. Found it very underwhelming and also kinda boring

I'll redact my statement on it being between Overgrown and ST, its more like further down the Overgrown / Enough Thunder road. But either way, he's been making tracks like these for years so if anything Im not understanding the surprise.

And for what its worth, that previous collab Fall Creek Boys Choir did nothing for me, but I Need a Forest Fire is an amazing track.

• 2 weeks later...

Liked this more than I expected, it is more interesting and the production is more varied. He just has so many similar peers that this stuff isnt remarkable anymore. I long for him to go back to releasing more eclectic and heavier stuff and tracks less oriented to his R&B crooning. I wonder how many of his listeners have heard his early EPs. I heard teases of it on this album.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Archived