IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

...there is a short and slow version of 7th slip in Krems, at 47:11...

Ah wow just checked this. I listened to ae_live so much i thought i'd recognise all the times it crops up in elseq but completely missed this one. I really need to go back and listen to the live stuff again with my new elseq ears

LOL £50 for a poster. TDR are a bunch of fucking clowns. If you spend £50 on that poster then YOU are the artwork.. and nobody gets you.

LOL £50 for a poster. TDR are a bunch of fucking clowns. If you spend £50 on that poster then YOU are the artwork.. and nobody gets you.

But it's printed with ultra black! :cerious:

Did anyone see the AE STORE's tweet with this link:

https://autechre.wetransfer.com/downloads/9274cf7c5696e4c9b2012f5d6886032a20160704203343/342008

It's a MAX patch file

NEVERMIND, there's a thread about it here:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/91028-autechre-max-patch/

and this:

"A criticism leveled at many parts of elseq 1–5 is that tracks lack progression, are too long or fail to evolve, but personally I think that misses the point. By taking their programmed music to the next level, what Autechre have presented here is a snapshot of what Brian Eno has been perfecting all these years: generative and constantly shifting music that could effectively just run forever, with every moment unique as a snowflake. You could run most of the tracks on elseq 1-5 and then stream them in perpetuity for anyone to tune in and out of whenever they wished and each time hear something different yet the same."

This basically proves the excellence of AE. Even if I might hear the similarities, common threads, ideas or patterns, each time the music is different. There is progression and with each release the boundaries are pushed despite having seemingly same ingredients. The only question that remains is what comes next? Can they reinvent themselves again or is this their opus? As it was easy to connect the change of sound&style to the different equipment used for each record, but how this progression will happen in the software environment? The boys mentioned in the Joe Muggs interview that they haven't bought any equipment for years and all contemporary sounds are based on elaborated MAX patches. Any ideas what could be the long-term impact on their music?

I had elseqs on a plane the other day, quite lush. Try crossing the Alps to foldfree casual, for instance.

DSC_1711.jpg

“foldfree casual” tips its hat to the mesmeric, crystalline cloudscapes of Amber with chilly strings swooning through shafts of sunlight causing a glacial thaw of splintering, forked cracks that becomes subsumed in a storm of pounding fists.

and this:

"A criticism leveled at many parts of elseq 1–5 is that tracks lack progression, are too long or fail to evolve, but personally I think that misses the point. By taking their programmed music to the next level, what Autechre have presented here is a snapshot of what Brian Eno has been perfecting all these years: generative and constantly shifting music that could effectively just run forever, with every moment unique as a snowflake. You could run most of the tracks on elseq 1-5 and then stream them in perpetuity for anyone to tune in and out of whenever they wished and each time hear something different yet the same."

This basically proves the excellence of AE. Even if I might hear the similarities, common threads, ideas or patterns, each time the music is different. There is progression and with each release the boundaries are pushed despite having seemingly same ingredients. The only question that remains is what comes next? Can they reinvent themselves again or is this their opus? As it was easy to connect the change of sound&style to the different equipment used for each record, but how this progression will happen in the software environment? The boys mentioned in the Joe Muggs interview that they haven't bought any equipment for years and all contemporary sounds are based on elaborated MAX patches. Any ideas what could be the long-term impact on their music?

I also like that quote and found that latest interview really helpful, actually. It definitely aided in my enjoyment of the record(s) even though I would have enjoyed them regardless. I liked the idea that they have created a digital world with programmed chaos. I favour fortuity in my own work and love the idea of creating a space for elements to interact, observing that reaction, learning from it (expanding your own creativity) and rearranging the outcomes how you see fit (or just leaving it). From here they could expand on the world making it more complex and add more what ifs. That interview helped me the beauty and humanity in the sometimes chaotic and beautiful computer music.

I want to recut the latest James Ferraro video with ae over top. I could see different audio elements applied to each UPC walking around, glitching out.

Pause this and listen to foldfree casual

I keep planning on listening to some other Autechre stuff.... like revisiting Exai or some live sets, but then I just end up listening to Elseq instead.

Yes, damn true Poiman. I can't seem to get away from my faves. I'm hooked on the elseq 1-4's but not listened to part 5 at all. I didn't download it, 4 was enough. It can only come as a disappointment after the immensity of the previous 4... Poiman, i'm sure you felt the same.

Yes, I am well hooked, but I have delved into 5 which must be said is quite excellent. If anything, I need to give 2 and 3 some more attention!

I might have considered that poster if it were half the price--it's nice and everything, but $75 USD is pretty fucking steep.

I might have considered that poster if it were half the price--it's nice and everything, but $75 USD is pretty fucking steep.

Same, just can't justify it to myself.

Listening to else 4 for the first time right now, 1 minute into foldfree casual... wow.

6 minutes in, please don't let this end.

I've been going through them in order, buying one at a time when I'm ready. Found 3 the hardest to get into so far, I wasn't ready for the instant joy that 4 has given already, and I'm only on track 2.

6 minutes in, please don't let this end.

I've been going through them in order, buying one at a time when I'm ready. Found 3 the hardest to get into so far, I wasn't ready for the instant joy that 4 has given already, and I'm only on track 2.

Just wait for Latentcall to roll thru your ears... lush is the word!