IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Couldn't disagree more. I've been listening to Elseqs pretty much daily since the release and over a few different systems, loving the diversity and yet overall  coherence as a release / releases. chimer 1-5-1 and 7th slip are two ones I'm enjoying that I haven't seen given much love here (I've been lurking). 

While when this first came out 1 and 4 were instant favourites, now some time's passed it's 2 and 3 i can't stop listening to. Enjoying 5 a lot more now as well but still not really feeling pendulu casual. As a whole i'm still just as in awe of this as i was the day it came out, if not more.

Also the guy who wrote that book on SAW2 is doing an elseq listening diary:

http://disquiet.com/2016/09/11/autechre-elseq-1-5-listening-diary/

While when this first came out 1 and 4 were instant favourites, now some time's passed it's 2 and 3 i can't stop listening to. Enjoying 5 a lot more now as well but still not really feeling pendulu casual. As a whole i'm still just as in awe of this as i was the day it came out, if not more.

Also the guy who wrote that book on SAW2 is doing an elseq listening diary:

http://disquiet.com/2016/09/11/autechre-elseq-1-5-listening-diary/

Cheers, can't stop reading anything about ae at the moment. I've never been a fanboy, but seeing them play live in Dublin in 2014 blew me away. I'm sure it's been said many times before here, but Sean and Rob together reach feelings and artistic heights that nobody else can do.

Chimer is simple and effective. If it was produced by anyone else than ae, it would stand out. It's Autechre goes pop! The horror romp textures of c7b2 after it work great, which leads lovely into eastre. 

some crazy talk this page yo. last time i checked (hint: very recently) this was still basically best shit ev0rzzz!1

chimer sounds like electronic genre music from an alternate reality in which squids evolved into the dominant species. i like it when they do that. plyPhon would be another example (minus squids).

all volumes are of tremendous sublimeness but 5... 5 is just exalted. spaces how, bitches!

I had Marty McFly and a man with white hair at my door asking for Latentcall. I told them to use google and then they left. They looked really confused, btw.

tumblr_nxlkb1ftje1sbqrlmo5_1280.jpg

C16 deep tread and eastre are the two tracks I find myself returning to more than anything really, the "quiet please" tracks (probably because a lot of the other tracks are relatively vibrant and therefore blend together a fraction more, particularly across the first four seqtors). I mean, it's all great, but with such a big release to digest and their now lengthy career, not a lot of their elseq tracks jump out as top tier (or even 2nd tier) ae keepers. C16 & eastre aren't flawless either, but they take me places everytime.

Edited by Roo

Guest bitroast

no

deco loc is currently my fav atm. followed by pendulum hmv moda, laughing quarter, cloudbusting, foldfree casual and probably about the rest of elseq 1-5.

not allowed to talk about how good any one track is tho because they're all good and to isolate any one track is to diminish my appreciation for the album as a whole (it's an album split into 5 parts btw, not EPs, btw, and if you disagree you are clearly not a true fan)

Edited by bitroast