IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

^ I actually agree with what you're saying (very likely the case) but I hope it's not the case.

else-q are my least favorite autechre release, pretty much ever. I'm holding out hope there is a "twelb", a more focused effort + cohesive tracks compared to these more organic/freeform jams.

I'm not hating btw, these just aren't my cup of tea. I don't have 26 minutes to let ONE track meander.

disclaimer: I also don't like ambient/noise/drone/non-music if that's relevant?

I do enjoy feed1, acdwn2, etc.

edit: I realized after posting that it sounds kind of harsh. It's a focused, very technical and impressive effort I'm sure. I was more referring to the elseq series being more "jammy" than a record proper.

Personally I'm entirely within elseq, although gives to Ae a new character, which I'm still not quite used to. But this is good: it is thanks to the permanent revolution within their own identity (the trotsky-st of electronica!), which reside the ineffable ability of Ae to not know aging. And it's always about this ability that i'm willing to bet that elseq6-n will be radically different from elseq1-5, possibly approaching the things you hope.

...Or going in a direction that I can understand after 2 years of latency ... as always...

i have a playlist with about half of elseq in it and i love it.  i only just made that playlist a couple weeks ago and have just been listening to all of it until i could figure out which tracks i wanted to listen to all the time. 

there's some really amazing stuff in this bundle of releases. 

^ I actually agree with what you're saying (very likely the case) but I hope it's not the case.

else-q are my least favorite autechre release, pretty much ever. I'm holding out hope there is a "twelb", a more focused effort + cohesive tracks compared to these more organic/freeform jams.

I'm not hating btw, these just aren't my cup of tea. I don't have 26 minutes to let ONE track meander.

disclaimer: I also don't like ambient/noise/drone/non-music if that's relevant?

I do enjoy feed1, acdwn2, etc.

edit: I realized after posting that it sounds kind of harsh. It's a focused, very technical and impressive effort I'm sure. I was more referring to the elseq series being more "jammy" than a record proper.

Personally I'm entirely within elseq, although gives to Ae a new character, which I'm still not quite used to. But this is good: it is thanks to the permanent revolution within their own identity (the trotsky-st of electronica!), which reside the ineffable ability of Ae to not know aging. And it's always about this ability that i'm willing to bet that elseq6-n will be radically different from elseq1-5, possibly approaching the things you hope.

...Or going in a direction that I can understand after 2 years of latency ... as always...

Interesting take on it and you're probably right yeah. They're constantly changing, innovative and dynamic artists.

What I was trying to point out was that maybe they could do both, Elseq being released at a "sporadic" pace + conventional LP/EPs. That's a lot to ask for of course considering they already give us so much the past year but that would really be the most awesome thing ever.

Also the fact that they still attach some kind of importance to the visual aspect of their material (with TDR making nice prints etc.) makes me think/hope that more physical releases are still to come !

So several months on from its initial release, 'elseq 1-5' has deeply rooted itself into what I would call my favourite autechre 'album'/release to date. I love this thing so much. At first I was not as into elseq 2, but having spent several sessions listneing to it in it's entirety, and listened to it split up over the course of a work week, one part per day, I just adore it. It showcases some of their most creative and diverse sound palates and I feel shows how much control they have over what they are doing. the denseness and anxiety ridden 'feed1' juxtaposed to the minimalistic, yet ultra-dynamic approach to 'TBM2'… I love these things.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

also loving elseq alot atm :^)

been trying to tackle and interpret it as a continuous 21 track 4 hour 'something' as opposed to 5 ~50 minute 'somethings'. even if i'm not listening to it all strictly in 1 sitting, following elseq part 1 with 2, and then following that up with 3 for example .. as opposed to just listening to elseq 1 and then elseq 5 and then something else and then elseq 5 again and then some tracks here and there and then elseq 1 again. 

i'm noticing the tracklist flows really nice, despite just being super long. 

like um.. i might be slightly imagining it ?? but it seems like the end of mesh cinereaL has a little *blip, blip* into part 4's acdwn2.

i donno ..

the whole thing is really good. 

:^)

I had been listening to this from when it came out until we started getting soundboards of the latest tour, so I'm kind of taking a break from it. I think it is one of my favorite Autechre releases but I listen to it with different ears. For me, nothing tops Quaristice aesthetically yet. 

I'm a little surprised how much the latest tour material sounds like AE_LIVE and elseq 1-5. For most of their career it felt like they were furiously searching for new sounds but at this point it seems like they've zeroed in on a palette and are happy to continue exploring what they can do within this context instead of changing the fundamental building blocks. I'm still getting used to that idea but it is still interesting for now. 

I had a break from this for a few months.. and after getting back into it over the last few days I've noticed a few subtleties, such as the melodic content (and sample of a well-known breakbeat) in TBM2. 

These guys are the reason I stopped making music; I can never get anywhere close to what they achieve.

These guys are a reason why I keep making electronic music! I'll clearly never match their level of avantgarde-ness, but I've had success in blending their influence with my own style. 

I had a break from this for a few months.. and after getting back into it over the last few days I've noticed a few subtleties, such as the melodic content (and sample of a well-known breakbeat) in TBM2. 

Do share...

I love elseq but I still prefer AE_LIVE

Personally I wouldn't even be too upset if they didn't ever release another official release ever and just released live soundboards with occasional elseq-like arrangements.  They are my favorite music that exists in the entire world.  I love how there are multiple soundboards of largely the same framework yet each is somehow miles apart.  

It's definitely timbral listening music with amazing rhythms and rhythmic textures, yet somehow it's still melodically perfect

Edited by Zeffolia

I love elseq but I still prefer AE_LIVE

Personally I wouldn't even be too upset if they didn't ever release another official release ever and just released live soundboards with occasional elseq-like arrangements.  They are my favorite music that exists in the entire world.  I love how there are multiple soundboards of largely the same framework yet each is somehow miles apart.  

It's definitely timbral listening music with amazing rhythms and rhythmic textures, yet somehow it's still melodically perfect

i want the live stuff but i want albums too. i'm greedy. all of the it please. 

pendula hv moda makes me feel like I am in aruba on the one side of the island that is just cliffs and stuff.  great view, scenery etc.  I am with some woman who just got me really baked.  she is stunning.  I am driving an suv . we get out to take it all in.  I slam the door and just keep slamming it cuz the seatbelt is in the way. just keep slamming the door.

How can this be made top comment? Because this is a top comment

I tend to listen to a lot of music with a 3D spectral analyser program running, and its quite captivating being able to see sounds come in and out of the mix, especially when you are running with music like Autechre.

"Oneum" looked particularly great - those sustained snare sounds really dominate the soundscape when they get going.

spectrum3d_6.jpg

pendula hv moda makes me feel like I am in aruba on the one side of the island that is just cliffs and stuff.  great view, scenery etc.  I am with some woman who just got me really baked.  she is stunning.  I am driving an suv . we get out to take it all in.  I slam the door and just keep slamming it cuz the seatbelt is in the way. just keep slamming the door.

Lol.

i recall this pretty much every time i listen to pendulu hv moda. gold

That's probably my second favorite track out of the whole set.  But top prize, for me, definitely goes to freulaeux.  I listened to that one over and over again on summer vacations.

I don't often get the home sound system to myself these days, which is a shame because it's a fucking awesome system.  Anyway, when I do, lately I've been cranking elseq and holy shit latentcall is so fucking massive, amazing

Guest bitroast

I don't often get the home sound system to myself these days, which is a shame because it's a fucking awesome system.  Anyway, when I do, lately I've been cranking elseq and holy shit latentcall is so fucking massive, amazing

agreeing here that elseq sounds great on a good loud sound system. 

for a wee while i was thinking elseq sounded a bit flat or something .. especially when compared to the fat chunkiness of exai and oversteps. but then i kind of just manually cranked the subwoofer up a bit into bordering-ridiculous levels, and elseq sounds great. it's like the bass and chunkiness is totally there but the bass is mixed a bit quietly compared to the other autechre masterings ? or something ? either way, it sounds good :^) 

https://www.facebook.com/thedesignersrepublic/posts/10154987919292214

As a final instalment of our TDR™ 30 celebrations we have produced three limited edition box sets of lithoprinted (by our friends at Evolution Print) postcards of recent TDR™ work with Autechre. Each of the three sets are limited to 100 bespoke stickered box sets of A6 postcards printed one-colour onto 350gsm Pure White Zen with rounded corners.

The (Ae) Oversteps_1—23 box has a set of 23 postcards each with a different circle from the Oversteps album project artwork. Every surface of every format (covers, inner sleeves, labels, onbodies etc) had a different circles (as did every item of merch, every ad, every poster etc). the 23 circles featured are from the music packaging.

The (Ae) 200914—210815 box has a set of 10 postcards featuring all the variations for the live sets available so far on the AE_STORE — the title referencing the timespan of the live gigs available.

The (Ae) elseq_1—27 box has 27 postcards featuring every track / bundle / and overall album artwork from the online only elseq album.

In each case, the box set compiles the artwork into a format including complete sets of Ae artwork unavailable elsewhere together.

The prices are based on an approximate price of under £2.00 per postcard plus collectors box — you can keep the box set for yourself as a collectors edition, or you can send the postcards individually to friends etc. The cards are not available individually.

The box sets will be available via TDR™ only later this week — www.thedesignersrepublic.bigcartel.com No reprints.

(Ae) Oversteps_1—23 — price £40 + P&P

(Ae) 2000914—210815 — price £25.00 + P&P

(Ae) elseq_1—27 — price £50.00 P&P

15418578_10154987899872214_4758091191902

15385334_10154987900157214_5225030369173

15304446_10154987900162214_5774898110775

15385316_10154987900612214_5035641529679

15384407_10154987901032214_8466490972248

:psyduck: