IGNORED

Euro 2016!

the logic of Inglan improving is based on Dier/Alli growing/gaining experience, Kane finding his Premiership form and a Cahill/someone else center back pairing

as a Spurs head dont you think Inglan (is a bitch) play a bit more fluently with Dier & Alli together than some of the previous excuses seen in tournament participation?

compared to previous Euros and World Cups, Inglan (on paper) look better than their teams of yesteryear, although you still cant wallop teams or cruise to wins

maybe it was the (ever so) slight improvements these Euros that have skewed my perspective from your history of accumulated abortions & the tired Lampard/Gerrard cliched debates....still think Inglan are one team who if they could move up thru the gears are capable of beating anyone.....sorry i just gotta spew after saying that, ywch y fi

anyway, it was pretty sweet pipping you to top spot in the group tonight, best performance from the Cymraeg tonight since the early 90's, which just goes to make the result against the Anglo-Saxon hordes last week even more frustrating

edit:

_90040250_groupb_table.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ref in this Ireland game is having a shocker, should've had two penalties at least, Long got a booking for absolutely nothing, the Italians are diving all over the place as well. Italy should be pretty embarrassed to be getting dominated by such a shit Irish side.

lol

great result for Ireland, two very good performances from us so far, more than I was expecting. If we manage to exact some payback against the French we could face England in the next round. would be sweet.

I think the ROI-France match will be really good. You lot have a bit of quality going forward and the French defense isn't the best. On the flip side though, France is excellent going forward, and I think your lack of pace will hurt you. Should be a really good match.

Actually looking forward to most of these - the Swiss-Poland match aside I think they're all really balanced. Obviously Iceland isn't as good through the squad as England, but they've shown how organized they can be and all they need is one chance to score.

If England score early it will be a good match otherwise it will be a snooze fest as England pass the ball around Iceland's 18 yard box.

Gotta back the Croatian's after the way they outsmarted Spain in the last match. Very well organized side. Portugal have been shaky so far. Betting? Yeah, I've stuck a tenner on the Croats at 2/1

Gotta back the Croatian's after the way they outsmarted Spain in the last match. Very well organized side. Portugal have been shaky so far. Betting? Yeah, I've stuck a tenner on the Croats at 2/1

whoops

that was an incredibly shit game, only managed to liven up in the last couple of minutes of extra time. weird that portugal managed to play out a 3-3 game before that, then the next game struggled to create a shot on target for either side in 90 mins. Switzerland looked good in the 2nd half of their game, what a goal by Shaqiri!

Our tactic of kicking lumps out of the French seems to be working so far, the ref probably could've dished out a few more yellow cards in our direction though. Not too many nervy moments at the back either, just that one towards the end, the rest has been tame long range shots into the keeper's arms. We've looked threatening at times as well, just lacking in quality when it counts.

decent effort from us, just lacking in that extra bit of quality when we got in behind them - which we did too often that it seems unlikely they have the defensive nous to win this competition, though they do have some tasty attacking talent.

France too good going forward, second half just dismantled the ROI.

Germany - superb. Just utterly dominant against Slovakia. What else to say. Can't see anyone but them winning this thing.

Belgium finally came around to playing some football.

My word. I love Iceland.

Stuck a fiver on 'em at the start at 10/1. They've worked England out. Toothless England have nothing to offer in the final third apart from a few long range shots. Iceland defence ain't letting anything through. So proud of these guys. Keep it going for another 45 and lets watch these crushed pundits eating their words and analysing the wreckage of their broken dreams. Iceland, your defence is strong, hold out.

Archived