IGNORED

help with some Ableton MIDI mapping madness

TRiP

Hey ya'll, experiencing a bit of an issue with mapping in Ableton...

I have a live set all plotted out, each song has it's own arpeggiator (Ableton MIDI effect) - i'm controlling it all with an APC-40...I mapped the first arpeggiator and only need control of 3 aspects (offset, rate, steps)

The dream would be to map the same knobs for each arpeggiator, however when i do that - each of the other arps, which are disabled, will obviously start being tweeked, so when i end up switching to them they're all over the place!

Is there anyway of locking these arps or something to that effect?

much thanks to any help or thoughts :cisfor:

I don't know how the apc40 works, but you could most likely just map the knobs for each arp to a different midi channel and swap templates/midi channel on the apc to control the one you want?

I don't know how the apc40 works, but you could most likely just map the knobs for each arp to a different midi channel and swap templates/midi channel on the apc to control the one you want?

how would one go about doing that? (not necessarily relating to the APC)

when i map, lets say the Rate, to CC 19 - it displays "1/19" over the Rate parameter - is the 1 relating to the MIDI channel?

Yup

Edit: let me check

hmmm... if you click midi button next to the cpu load indicator, it should show you all your mappings and what channel it's assigned to. Mine looks like this:

wgfOsxZ.jpg

But yeah, you're right.

Upon further investigation it looks like there's no easy way to change the midi channel of the APC on the fly. Sorry about that. Maybe somebody else has a clever idea.

Ah a shame, but many thanks for the help!

a potential solution might be to just know visually what the starting position is for each knob (pre tweeking) and then to re-set it back to how it was first before changing to the next song - so theoretically if it is tweeking the others, by returning them to how they started should also reset the rest of em'

but if anyone else has any other sweet solutions, fire at will

Archived