IGNORED

prince of denmark/traumprinz/dj metatron

beerwolf

Been a fan for so long, his 2 mixes are probably amongst my favorite 5 mixes ever. The overall mood/vibe of all the tribal, hypnotic, spiralling dark grooves feels like fractal dreams, vivid nightmares in which you go down neverending staircases in the dark deeps. Very lovecraftian if you ask me. This shit hits the holy mother of soft-spots for me.

11/10 i would listen in an african tribe khat-infused initiation

Edited by huzur

• 1 year later...

Anyone hip to the current controversy?

Never clicked play on any of this stuff before but I've learned it's hugely loved thru the press blast/blacklist mandate.

I'd say the western world overall is way too artistically empowered these days. Everyone thinks they can be a dj and that they are an artist because they live in an apartment with a community pair of cdjs.

Everyone just wants to ascend in the current system (which is fundamentally flawed imo).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know where I can pick up Traumprinz's Resident Advisor podcast in 320kbps?  I used to have this but lost it when I cleared out a load of old podcast downloads ?  I know this has been upped to Soundcloud and Mixcloud, but they're shitty low quality streams.

Edit:

Forget it, this guy uploaded the original 320kbps version with download enabled:

Edited by NewSchoolScience

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

no conclusions or answers really, just sort of a summation of info available which was good for someone like me who's only casually into this guy's tunes.

the video host does mention some drama with Giegling as to why PoD doesn't release there anymore but doesn't explain it more but whatever i guess dont care enough to go hunt that down lol

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

I really like some of the Giegling Label output like Kettenkarussell but who the pays these extraordinary prices for Traumprinz vinyl on discogs?? Do they push the push prices artificially or does he really have a fan base like Richard that doesn’t care about a 400 price tag and beyond?

Edited by o00o

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Why on earth has no one posted this yet?

Best thing ever

Who is this guy, and how is he able to up his game every single time? Unbelievable. I was in tears by track two. 3 hours of this is almost too much too take.

Btw, 1.19.25 seems to be a tribute to Legend B - "Lost in Love", 00.59.45 has echoes of another trance classic that I can't quite put my finger on, even though it feels like I know it by heart. Something from Eye Q, surely, but I'm blanking atm*. Anyone recognize anything else? Either way, incredible stuff, I hope it gets a vinyl release somewhere down the road. Enjoy, WATMMers! 

* I guess I was thinking of Braincell - "Nimrod", Sonic Infusion - "Magnifica" or Renegade Legion - "The Weeping Waste" but the search continues ...

Edited by IDEM

Thanks for reminding me, I spied this a few days ago, but then forgot about it. If new releases aren’t up on Spotify and saved to my library I tend to forget about them and they can slide from memory. It’s a bad habit.

Edited by beerwolf