IGNORED

Autechre headliner shows 2016

30equals

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pal Mondkopf played there a couple of years ago, and the PA/acoustics was pretty good actually. Nah, you just have to keep in mind that a part of the crowd won't give shit about the music itself (as usual) (saw Autechre in Lyon twice), that's the boring part of such events.

I was actually thinking of going to the London one, but I didn't realise how fast the seats were gonna go haha - shoulda really planned ahead!

Oh well, I've booked the Manchester show instead and I'm well excited :D

Aren't you quite young? Will this be your first Sean and Rob jamboree?

got tickets for Berlin and Leipzig - big venue, small venue. very exaited!

berlin is almost twice as much as leipzig but supposedly there will be some "special guests"... chris douglas again maybe? should be interesting...

i wonder if there are plans for another official live release and if i should leave the zoom in the drawer to be able to absorb the moment more this time... sam pls!

also hell-bent on avoiding bootlegs til the show for a change... i know it's gonna be tough.

^yeah I feel a bit conflicted about the bootleg thing.

When I saw them in London last November I could anticipate every new part coming because I'd absorbed every boot I could get my hands on.

Have to decide this time if I want to hear it for the first time at the show or guzzle bootlegs again.

@jaderpansen dunno I'd guess the lineup will be the exact same as everywhere.. but yeah weird pricing. end of August there's also sunn o))) playing at Conne Island and it's twice as much as ae, same price as ae in Berlin..

@jaderpansen dunno I'd guess the lineup will be the exact same as everywhere.. but yeah weird pricing. end of August there's also sunn o))) playing at Conne Island and it's twice as much as ae, same price as ae in Berlin..

from berlin-atonal.com:

Berlin Atonal is delighted to host the Berlin edition of Autechre's new live tour. Atonal and Autechre will invite some special guests for the Berlin show which will take place on the Null level of the Kraftwerk complex. Tickets are now available from here with more information on the event to follow on this page.

Also, in regards to Manchester. I hear the security at these Warehouse Project nights is a bit over the top. Any truth in this?

I have heard stories of people with tickets being turned away because the security didn't like the look of their faces.

Also, in regards to Manchester. I hear the security at these Warehouse Project nights is a bit over the top. Any truth in this?

I have heard stories of people with tickets being turned away because the security didn't like the look of their faces.

Hope that's not true.

But I also hope that they like your face.

That would be wank!! The security at last years Manchester gig were cool as shit and you hardly knew there was any.

Rob and Sean even 'mingled ' in the crowd before they were on :)

My limited experience with WHP security has ranged from just strolling in, to pat-downs and sniffer dogs. Never been turned away though, but generally I don't dress like a lager lout or student bro. I doubt they'll turn anyone away from Old Granada, it's hardly Berghain.

even at Berghain, on concert nights they don't turn people away - you already paid for a ticket, how whack would that be?

That would be wank!! The security at last years Manchester gig were cool as shit and you hardly knew there was any.

Last year was fun. Spoke to Sean for a bit and Rob said hi too. I am pretty sure they set that show up themselves and that's why it was pretty chilled. I just heard a few horror stories about gorilla security assholes not liking scousers. I am coming down from Edinburgh again and be really fucked off if I wasn't let in.

I do a really good Scottish accent though.

Last year was fun. Spoke to Sean for a bit and Rob said hi too. I am pretty sure they set that show up themselves and that's why it was pretty chilled. I just heard a few horror stories about gorilla security assholes not liking scousers. I am coming down from Edinburgh again and be really fucked off if I wasn't let in.

I do a really good Scottish accent though.

I guess I won't be bringing my camera to the Manchester night this year then...

:(

Archived