IGNORED

Autechre headliner shows 2016

30equals

Just got an email from Royal Festival Hall saying staff will have night vision googles on to help you leave the auditorium (if you're afraid of the dark lol). IDM situation in full effect.

you are fucking joking lol

can't disturb the ae darkness

not only that but they're giving patrons sheets of white paper to wave around in the air if they want to leave for any reason, they'll light up on the night vision straight away presumably.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an email from Royal Festival Hall saying staff will have night vision googles on to help you leave the auditorium (if you're afraid of the dark lol). IDM situation in full effect.

you are fucking joking lol

can't disturb the ae darkness

not only that but they're giving patrons sheets of white paper to wave around in the air if they want to leave for any reason, they'll light up on the night vision straight away presumably.

damn. idm 2 the xtreme.

I'd love to have the playlist from Andy Maddocks' set before the show in Nijmegen. One part was totally off the hook, would be good to know what that was.

I only found one track he played when I saw him DJ.:

I assume his sets are all similair?

think he has a bin of tracks and reuses them a lot between locations. I recognized several tracks were the same in Berlin and Leipzig, but totally not the same order. I need to know what he played in the 15 minutes or so before AE in Leipzig. Was super intense.

think he has a bin of tracks and reuses them a lot between locations. I recognized several tracks were the same in Berlin and Leipzig, but totally not the same order. I need to know what he played in the 15 minutes or so before AE in Leipzig. Was super intense.

This sounds interesting! What style?

if this was the same track as the one in Oslo then yeah, that was dope!

Finally recovered a bit from the AE gig on tuesday in Nijmegen (also, work). It was a huge undertaking to just to make it but I was so glad I did in the end. I was actually more hyped about finally seeing Haswell than seeing AE again but to be honest, all three acts turned out absolutely top notch.

Upon entry the staff of the venue handed out leaflets explaining the AE situation (bars closed, lights out, and politely asking to keep your phone away because of the bright light). During AE, someone in the very front ('first row') whipped out his phone, blinding me with it. I gently tapped his shoulder saying "dude...", hoping he'd get the idea. He then grabbed me by the throat and yelled (with a free bonus saliva shower) that he didn't care if I lost a minute of my precious Autechre but there was MAYBE someone that needed his urgent help. I was going to advice him to maybe consider not be at an IDM gig when someone needs your urgent help (or at least not stand in the very first row with your phone), but I thought it would be better to just tell him I understand and walked away (always the pacifist). Beyond that, the venue was as dark as I've ever had it during an AE show (this was my third time), the sound was really loud but good and AE and Haswell were like a machete cleaving through a jungle of new sounds. 10/10 night.

I stayed in a bed & breakfast right next to venue, turned out the owners were at the gig as well, which got us discount on the deal. Lookin' out for each other :) (thanks again!) 

P.S. I made a small vid of Haswell's gig:

Archived