IGNORED

Joe Muggs interviews Rob & Sean about elseq and everything else

setanor

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy reading about their process in terms of algorithms and coding.

One day they might be making tracks/albums to order or specifically unique versions of an album.

So playing music on it is about as fun as playing Grand Theft Auto, doing random shit with pedestrians,

Lol,

so that whole "maxmsp monster modular thing" is actually the same concept that Squarepusher made with his Damogen Furies LP live show except he used Reaktor, what a coincidence,

Fucking excellent interview. So many suspicions confirmed and articulated. I was grinning the whole way through reading it; they've become so open, chill, and funny. Hope there's more to come but yes, nice work RA!

Good interview, likely because the interviewer was good at his job. Came across that way at least. I really do hope they get to the point where they can finish an EP on a Friday and have it out on the store for a Monday. Shit like that would really open up what we hear from them (AE hip hop pls).

Creepy way to end it though: "Beyond being able to even understand it properly. We're not quite at singularity.. . . . YET! DUN DUN DUUNNNN!!! *blorp-zooolk-swerkk*"

Good interview, likely because the interviewer was good at his job. Came across that way at least. I really do hope they get to the point where they can finish an EP on a Friday and have it out on the store for a Monday. Shit like that would really open up what we hear from them (AE hip hop pls).

Creepy way to end it though: "Beyond being able to even understand it properly. We're not quite at singularity.. . . . YET! DUN DUN DUUNNNN!!! *blorp-zooolk-swerkk*"

called it mofos

samrod

35jibrp.jpg

interview: a+ read fo sho.

so that whole "maxmsp monster modular thing" is actually the same concept that Squarepusher made with his Damogen Furies LP live show except he used Reaktor, what a coincidence,

Yeah i thought the same thing! Hard to not think of some sort of 'zeitgeist' going on

Yeah i thought the same thing! Hard to not think of some sort of 'zeitgeist' going on

The real zeitgeist is making a binge-able record.

Guest bitroast

nice interview. was wondering if they were gonna do one or not , at risk of having to explain the record versus letting people digest it and listen to it themselves without pretense. this interview is nice. doesn't give much in the way of colouring the listen other than, this is chill / fun music.

*puts on elseq 4* :music:

Muggs is a pretty legendary interviewer in particular circles. Always goes for the deep dive and brings out a great conversation. He had the unedited interviews from his longer ones online at his website but I can't find it anywhere.

I love how they can come outright with their opinions about the format, etc. and it doesn't detract from the mystery of the thing whatsoever.

One thing that's interesting to me is that they confirm their Max system feels like a third member of the band, and in fact they've discussed this idea of an imaginary third entity for years, mostly as arbiter of arguments between them, etc.

in fact they've discussed this idea of an imaginary third entity for years, mostly as arbiter of arguments between them, etc.

iirc they named it as autechre

Archived