IGNORED

Shackleton & Ernesto Tomasini - Devotional Songs

Redruth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is the most lushest fucking Shackleton or rather Zeke Clough artwork I have seen yet. holy mama.

edit: reading up on Ernesto Tomasini. This is gonna be something very different.

edit: to not edit is almost like to not compose

Lance the brain of effluence. Let it go. Let it go.

I wish GBIII/Awe/JE/RobMar was still here so he could revel in the fact that shackleton finally has abandoned the general midi sounding bongos and used some hi-fidelity hand drum samples

I am the biggest stupidest shackleton nerd. I have no idea why but I get stupid excited by his music. He's gotten more and more prog-rock over the years. This is like King Crimson level.

I am the biggest stupidest shackleton nerd.

Same here.

I have to insta-buy his music on vinyl as soon as it gets announced - he is just one of those artists where I need to have / hear his tunes on wax. Always perfectly mastered.

I get the prog correlation - his tracks have become more sprawling and grandiose over the past few years. All of the tracks on the Deliverance series are epic and crazy.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The “weird” (sorry) vocal stylings I heard in the samples were a turn off to me. Should I revisit this?

I'd say yes. I didn't like it the first time I've heard the album and I didn't like the whole idea behind it as I don't like vocals in electronic music but for some reason I came back to it couple of days ago and now I listen to the record every day. It's like weird dark electronic take on early 70s concept prog rock with classic Shackleton-esque sound design. Now it's in my top ten records of 2016. I think I like it more than anything else that was released after The Drawbar Organ/Music For The Quiet Hour. I have a strong feeling that Sferic Ghost Transmits will be even better as I love his collabs with Vengeance Tenfold probably the most of all his releases. 

The “weird” (sorry) vocal stylings I heard in the samples were a turn off to me. Should I revisit this?

I'd say yes. I didn't like it the first time I've heard the album and I didn't like the whole idea behind it as I don't like vocals in electronic music but for some reason I came back to it couple of days ago and now I listen to the record every day. It's like weird dark electronic take on early 70s concept prog rock with classic Shackleton-esque sound design. Now it's in my top ten records of 2016. I think I like it more than anything else that was released after The Drawbar Organ/Music For The Quiet Hour. I have a strong feeling that Sferic Ghost Transmits will be even better as I love his collabs with Vengeance Tenfold probably the most of all his releases. 

Cool, thanks for the thoughts! That sounds like something I would like, I think.

• 1 year later...

Archived