IGNORED

BoC's darker music?

Consequences

Anyone got a list of BoC's darker music? Preferably a mix or soundcloud but if not please list tracks so I can make a playlist.

Examples

1. Most of Tomorrow's Harvest, but especially Gemini

2. Chinook

3. Basefree

for examples of the darker, maybe industrial sounding tracks?

Thanks!

I was a bit late to the BoC party, and had all their studio releases but never really delved much into their unofficial stuff. Randomly and accidentally stumbling upon Chinook for the first time was one of those memorable music moments that instantly made every bone, muscle, tendon and sinew tighten up but simultaneously made my brain melt.

They are definitely masters of the dark arts. The darker side of their sound palette appeals to me much more than the lighter sounds of MHTRTC, TCHeadphase and TCHighway. The more sinister, the better....

It's the juxtaposition of these darker tunes and the lighter ones that does it for me. The sinister tones would not have as great of impact without the return to baseline. BoC has always been a trip listening start to finish, in that there are fearful undertones, profound insights, and blissful breaths of fresh air throughout.

You Could Feel the Sty

Seven Forty Steven / Audiotrack 6A

As somebody said, most of Geogaddi.

Skimming Stones (this is a weird one, because I've found that some people think this song is happy and/or bright. I find it beautiful but terrifying.)

• 2 weeks later...

shit, I love boc so much

:cool:

many times when I've listened to a few hours of random horseshit off the internet, I sit back and think why the fuck didn't I just listen to Boards of Canada...

also shout-out to the 13a track, fucking other-worldly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAIbDQXOSo

just imagine walking though the woods at twilight and this began playing somewhere in the distance, you'd be right on your fucking toes lol

Ahhh... one of my favourite unreleased tracks...

also shout-out to the 13a track, fucking other-worldly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAIbDQXOSo

just imagine walking though the woods at twilight and this began playing somewhere in the distance, you'd be right on your fucking toes lol

Ahhh... one of my favourite unreleased tracks...

Yes! This one is such a gem

if someone is able to describe in a sentence or less how they're feeling when they listen to "You Could Feel the Sky", hats off to ya.

Archived