IGNORED

Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition

or jamie lidell lol

yes amazingly some of us don't listen to hiphop

jamie lidell's mudlin gear is a top electronic experimental record actually, sooo underrated, one of my fav's from the warp catalog

back to danny brown, fuck yeah nice he's on warp, he could even spit verses on any elseq track, exaaaite!!!

how can you not like this track :)

(supercute video, that's a girl right?)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great pillars of Warp are all heavily influenced by hip hop.

I know there's nothing wrong with it at all and the stuff I know and like I listen to but I have limited time and I like house/Detroit techno a lot more than hip hop and so I spend my time listening to that. Also the influence of hip hop is super overblown and has become a really shitty dick sucking fest thanks to white people "repping" if for major record labels. Rick Rubin is the devil.

@ThatSpanishGuy: yes thanks! I was spinning the Rephlex complilation (I cherrish my copy) when you posted. Wasn't sure if it was Pot au feu or another one. Love Delia's work! It's just been way too long since I last played that record.

@ganus: this one is Ziwzih Ziwzih OO-OO-OO, which is basically one of the finest proto techno tunes ever :)

Future Brown missed the mark. Danny Brown, however, is complete redemption.

Good job WARP.

Richard/Sean/Tom/Clark/FlyLo/Somebody pls send beats (not that his beats suck, but fuck it, he's on warp right?)

Future Brown missed the mark. Danny Brown, however, is complete redemption.

Good job WARP.

Richard/Sean/Tom/Clark/FlyLo/Somebody pls send beats (not that his beats suck, but fuck it, he's on warp right?)

he's got great beatmakers but fuck yeah would love to see some of the warp gods make a track for that boi danny

I like him in small doses, but I find his voice starts to grate after a couple of tracks. He's a well decent rapper, no doubt, but it's just that cackling sound. Dunno. I'm old you guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

lil iffy on this one. it's good but i kind of want it to ramp up and get more #hype. also the schoolboy adlibs were a tease, dun do that unless he's going to do a verse pls

no Schoolboy Q apparently, but you get Danny, Earl and Kendrick on the same track !!!!!!

1. "Downward Spiral"

2. "Tell Me What I Don't Know"

3. "Rolling Stone" (featuring Petite Noir)

4. "Really Doe" (featuring Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul & Earl Sweatshirt)

5. "Lost"

6. "Ain't It Funny"

7. "Goldust"

8. "White Lines"

9. "Pneumonia"

10. "Dance In The Water"

11. "From The Ground" (featuring Kelela)

12. "When It Rain"

13. "Today"

14. "Get Hi" (featuring B-Real)

15. "Hell For It"

Archived