IGNORED

Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition

Pneumonia is fucking great. Hope the rest of the album is in the same league as what we've heard so far. Also good to see this album is light on the guest spots (although I'm happy to see Earl on there), nothing's worse than some hack who dilutes his album in hopes of winning over new fans with crossover appeal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than another boring indie band like !!! or Grizzly Bear. I like this signing.

srsly ?

100% Yes. I can't stand either of them.

100% Indeed! Didn't like the indie stuff either. I remember being all about it when Warp signed Anti Pop Consortium back in the day.

Totally with this, I'm glad they're signing more hip hop now, and less indie stuff. Arrhythmia is a great album incidentally, I love APC

But yeah these tracks are sick. I like how different the style is between pneumonia and when it rain, I bet this is gonna be all over the place. Excited!

• 1 month later...

Never really listened to this guy, but the hype for the album intrigued me. I was expecting something like Yeezus but... this is not that. Some interesting things are happening, but nothing is blowing my mind.

Never really listened to this guy, but the hype for the album intrigued me. I was expecting something like Yeezus but... this is not that. Some interesting things are happening, but nothing is blowing my mind.

Listen to XXX and Old.

I had high expectations for this record based off the early singles, but the final product really exceeded them.
Some of the best and most challenging hip-hop i have heard in many years and it's the most consistent i can think of ever. I can't think of any other rap album that literally don't waste a second and still run at least 45 minutes.

The production is phenomenal, largely handled by Paul White who is in the incredible group "Golden Rules" on Lex records and produced Open Mike Eagle's new record. Nobody seems to be talking about Golden Rules and I am totally baffled by that.

This is really gooood

this

I had high expectations for this record based off the early singles, but the final product really exceeded them.

and this

he really hit his stride with this one, it's fucking fantastic.

listening to this. not a hiphop man generally. not sure if I will be able to ignore that the guy sounds a lot like the one guy from cypress hill...? insane in the membrane.....? pls

Never really listened to Danny's previous albums, just know him from features on other artists tracks. Decided to check this one though since it's being put out by Warp and there was a bunch of hype around this one... Pretty good shit, unique beats, interesting flows... It's definitely growing on me more and more with repeated listens as well... I should probably check out Old and XXX asap. 

I think this will easily make my top 5 records of the year, but i'd be surprised if i ever like it more than the new Death Grips. It is easily my favorite Hip-Hop album of the year. I think it is one of the most finely crafted and consistent hip-hop records ever made. He doesn't waste a single second of the running time. No vamping or sketches, just straight to the point next level hip-hop. 

I really hope this album has a big effect on the rap community in general, there is much to learn here.

Archived