IGNORED

Mike & Rich album turned 20 years old [Planet Mu Reissue]

FilziSH

Mr. Frosty is just the best. Some of the other tracks are really good as well, and I love how improvisational it all feels. Bought it on vinyl because I love the artwork so much.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike: "I don't. Anyway. I thought 'Caustic Window', that track of yours on the UK advert for Nike, was crap."

Rich: "It was a worldwide advert actually, Mike!"

The Garden Of Linmiri?

does anyone have link on this ad?

Timeless classic. I too bought the vinyl just for the artwork, all that lush deep orange! Even my parents listened to the whole thing with me without running away in sheer pale-faced terror... like they do with most of my beloved tunez.

Fav track: Winner Takes All / Mr. Frosty (tie)

Runner up: Reg

That whistling in Reg gets stuck in my head every time I hear it, and I really like the harpsichord-ish bits....I bet that is Richard's fingering.

#3: Upright Kangaroo

I've always loved Lunatic Harness and the voice samples in Kangaroo (belch included) are peachy.

Edited by jsmcpn

it's wonderful to think that even when mike and richard are just pissing around, drinking vodka and making tracks out of belching noises, they still turn out with such amazing music. i don't think i've heard anyone else create a track like Bu bu bu ba, which is genuinely sad and depressing, yet somehow so light-hearted and fucking funny that it's just impossible to not be cheered up by it.

lovely stuff. and that Reg track, was that not made especially for the world-famous trollface?

Eeep, lots of hostility between the two of them in that interview - do you reckon they were just playing it up for a laugh or did they really quibble that much back then?!

Eeep, lots of hostility between the two of them in that interview - do you reckon they were just playing it up for a laugh or did they really quibble that much back then?!

I read it as 2 mates having a laugh and taking the piss out of each other

Same.

Btw, why are we correlating that pmu instagram post to the Mike and Rich one? Just because it came after the Mike and Rich post, or is there some other reason to believe the two pics are related? :psyduck:

Same.

Btw, why are we correlating that pmu instagram post to the Mike and Rich one? Just because it came after the Mike and Rich post, or is there some other reason to believe the two pics are related? :psyduck:

I think because it looks like there is new M&R artwork (reminiscent of the old liner notes/back cover) featuring the Mu logo, indicating the re-release is being worked on, but I might be overthinking it?

It seems likely, now that I think about it. Especially to go from the picture of "New Downfall", to alluding to Mike&Rich with the "Downfall" picture....

I would be so happy if it was the original, re-released (maybe a few bonus tracks to go with), but I would probably crap my pants if it was a new album entirely lol. (Edit: I know this is like a 0.00001% chance, but someone else mentioned it heh)

:beer:

Edited by StephenG

Guest bitroast

if not i think i'd just buy the bonus beats

its the least you could do ...

i mean ... the most * it's the most you could do lol

if not i think i'd just buy the bonus beats

its the least you could do ...

i mean ... the most * it's the most you could do lol

Haha drunk?