IGNORED

What would AE think of Death Grips?

splitdisk

Death Grips is more interesting than Aphex these days if you want to cut right to the chase about it.

interesting in a psychological sense I suppose, wtf is wrong with people?

Aphex is almost washed-out these days (remains to be seen), it doesn't take a lot to be more interesting than him. I don't agree with the statement, but i approve overthrowing of over-privileged legends.

trying to guess the personal opinions of Sean and Rob seems like a really idiotic endeavor. At least we know they're not jaded boring old farts, so that should be a hint :cat:

personally I think Bottomless Pit is AOTY contender, definitely top 5 material

what would AE think about the EU

sean is a coleslaw guy

No, but seriously, I personally don't get what's so great about Death Grips but they do sound like the kind of thing AE would listen to.

I got bored of them too, though initially they were indeed quite a shock. I think the track Full Moon in particular is pretty Ae-like rhythmically, not in a strict math, but in its abandoned groove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmZ6WDkuj0

i'd say the groove is defined/pronounced, but whatever. this sounds more like a hip hop sort of Whitehouse.. and it flows 'easier' than ae

Wat wud the Autekr think about mozert if dey wuz still alief.

Nobady no

the music is actually ok occasionally (from the small bits I've managed to stomach for more than 2 mins), Ride is so ridiculously awful though.

i don't want a world where Death Grips are without Ride. that'd be a worse split than Brexit.

based on Sean's mention of Westside Gunn and Roc Marciano, it sounds like he's into early 90s-style gangster rap in the vein of Mobb Deep, Prodigy (solo), Ka, The Infamous, Cormega, and The Alchemist.. rap with 70s samples and smooth production.. like the Taxi Driver soundtrack, but not necessarily glitched-out doom shit. but maybe?

Archived