IGNORED

Cheetah font?

manmower

Possibly already answered in the 1500+ Cheetah posts in the other thread, but does anyone know what the font is for the "Cheetah" text on the cover? (So not the Aphex Twin part.)

HqD4N8R.jpg

Don't know about it being custom made, but it looks like Busorama is (very close to) the original "Cheetah Sweet Talker" font, and the EP cover does use a different T shape at least.

I did bother to search the thread for 'font' but your post was not among the results. Now with hindsight I try 'fonts' and of course yours is the only result. snZO7k2.gif

See above though, it's not only the Platinum Blonde Outline that was modified, Busorama doesn't have the correct T either.

I did bother to search the thread for 'font' but your post was not among the results. Now with hindsight I try 'fonts' and of course yours is the only result. snZO7k2.gif

See above though, it's not only the Platinum Blonde Outline that was modified, Busorama doesn't have the correct T either.

Good catch! I hadn't noticed that modification.

I think the font used on the back of the cassette is MicroSquare Bold Extended: https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/fontsite/microsquare/microsquare-bold-extended#specimens

Cml1SLhW8AAoHGd.jpg

Good catch! I hadn't noticed that modification.

I think the font used on the back of the cassette is MicroSquare Bold Extended: https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/fontsite/microsquare/microsquare-bold-extended#specimens

Cml1SLhW8AAoHGd.jpg

It does look a lot like a bold, extended version of the classic Eurostile font...

Just saying, the tracks pulled off user18081971 is Rich's way of telling you guys that a mastered compilation is coming soon. Don't worry, the tracks will all come back on Soundcloud.
After that, there is going to be a remake of a very special record that will come out early next year, then some new music afterwards.
Again, feel free to screencap this.

OT but kinda not OT, where's this remake you spoke of?

Just saying, the tracks pulled off user18081971 is Rich's way of telling you guys that a mastered compilation is coming soon. Don't worry, the tracks will all come back on Soundcloud.
After that, there is going to be a remake of a very special record that will come out early next year, then some new music afterwards.

My guess is the Mike and Rich reissue with extra tracks is the "very special record".

My guess is the Mike and Rich reissue with extra tracks is the "very special record".

Load of bollocks if you ask me. Mastered Soundcloud material wasn't exactly a risky assumption, and we're way past "early [2016]" now. My guess is that whoever made that post under-estimated the ETA on an MFM remake.

Load of bollocks if you ask me. Mastered Soundcloud material wasn't exactly a risky assumption, and we're way past "early [2016]" now. My guess is that whoever made that post under-estimated the ETA on an MFM remake.

Pretty common for dates/plans to shift though... so, so far pretty accurate!

Archived