IGNORED

What Is Your Favourite Cheetah EP Track?

Joyrex

Cheetah EP: Favourite Track & Format  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which Track on the Cheetah EP is Your Favourite

• [track 01] CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum]
    • [track 02] CHEETAHT7b
    • [track 03] CHEETA1b ms800
    • [track 04] CHEETA2 ms800
    • [track 05] CIRKLON3 [Kolkoznaya mix]
    • [track 06] CIRKLON 1
    • [track 07] 2X202-ST5
  2. 2. Which Format is Your Cheetah EP Favourite?

2X202-ST5 is second fav, this is the first time i have ever enjoyed a digital release more than the physical item in any format.

Real depth to this EP, glad to be an afx fan at this moment in time, my brain has longed for the sounds he creates.

That's a tuff 1 bro. CIRKLON3 [ Kolkhoznaya mix ] was my favorite of the two Cheetah tracks during the magical soundcloud era, but now I actually like CHEETAHT7b a little more after mastering. CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum] may be my runaway favorite though, eerie, some weird aquatic shit going on between the subsonic bass and plodding drums that sound like they're being drug through a swamp to the chorus of a swarm of buzz saw hornets overhead. Then theres those high pitched spectral synths floating around in the background. Fuck. Guess that's my favorite. 2x202-ST5 is also proving to be a grower, I thought it was a nice little bonus track at first but that shit is a banger and provides a needed energy boost at the end of a release which is probably the most restrained and chilled out thing James has done since SAW II.

If I had to rank my favorites it'd go

1. CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum]

2a. CHEETAHT7b

2b. CIRKLON3 [ Kolkhoznaya mix ]

3. 2x202-ST5

As for format I don't really care too much. I grabbed a CD just to have something to look at (liked the artwork on this release more so than on SYRO, CCAI pt2 or ODS). In retrospect though, the tape looks like the coolest of the bunch.

Can't vote on 1 track Joyrex. This is an impeccable release imo. The best.

Don't give a shit about formats nowadays, once upon a time nothing could beat my cd player/turntable and amp but now I have a real quality portable loseless HD player with a few pairs of wicked headphones I don't feel such a loyal need for physical formats anymore. Though its nice to sit at home on the turntable, truth be most of the vinyl only releases like Steinvord or Analord for example get played via my computer from youtube rips. Thats why you need to get the top blokes to get them released on Bleep to stream in high quality or download in HQ.

Part of me wants to buy the vinyl but I know it will sit and gather dust. And buying the cassette would just be the same. Savage!!!

the artwork is realy nice but i got it digital, i just want the tunes man!

might pick up a cd version if i come across it but prob gonna give it as a gift to a good friend

as for the album, i love every track on it, that dry snappy percussion with that sick bass and sub and those synth's that only afx can make, wicked album for wicked folks i'd say

when it's over i just play it again but circlon 2 and 2x202 are my favorites for now, they just grab my full attention, 2x202 is such a crushing party tune

Yeah I only really buy CDs in order to rip them to my PC. and I bought the Cheetah cassette just because

I think my favourite track at the moment is CIRKLON3, but I've been listening to that a lot more than the others, so it may change. Really though, every track stands out

Cirklon 1 was an immediate beautiful highlight but for the track I can put on repeat an absurd number of times, it would have to be Cheetah7B.. close close second, Cheetah2.. Ok I just named 3 tunes. Damn fine release. Low-key sure.. But I like my low-key Aphex. And prefer on vinyl...

Track 1 has grabbed me by the bollox this evening. I wasn't too into it at first, more into the soundcloud tracks. Driven from ones comfort zone ,T2 on CD is now the standard upon which all others must be met.

ive listened to cirklon1 almost exclusively the past days, at this moment it definitely is my favorite. but i think kolchosnaya will be my favorite track in the long run :) its perfect...

It's a toss up between CIRKLON3 and CHEETAHT2 at the moment, at least out of the longer tracks. The 2 mini tracks have the most effect on me, and leave me imagining/wanting a 50 track LP of these experiments.

I tried to love the others as much as CIRKLON3, it didn't work. CIRLKON1 is growing on me, it has a "sincere" feel to it somehow, and I love the percs @ 4:40 Also, the short ms800 tracks are great additions to the "Bit" bucket!

Don't give a shit about formats nowadays, once upon a time nothing could beat my cd player/turntable and amp but now I have a real quality portable loseless HD player with a few pairs of wicked headphones I don't feel such a loyal need for physical formats anymore. Though its nice to sit at home on the turntable, truth be most of the vinyl only releases like Steinvord or Analord for example get played via my computer from youtube rips. Thats why you need to get the top blokes to get them released on Bleep to stream in high quality or download in HQ.

Part of me wants to buy the vinyl but I know it will sit and gather dust. And buying the cassette would just be the same. Savage!!!

What do you mean you can't vote on track one? The poll won't let you, or you just don't like the track?

I, for one LOVE Ld spectrum - especially on a good soundsystem - the bass... oh, the bass.

Part of me wants to buy the vinyl but I know it will sit and gather dust gain value. And buying the cassette would just be the same. Savage!!!

fixed that for ya

Couldn't find a vinyl in my hometown so it's a pure "streaming" experience right now.

Favorite track is CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum], that "descending" bass sound is haunting.

CHEETA1b ms800 is another personal favorite, reminds me an awful lot of Flashback on Genesis, pulling the nostalgia cord in a really creepy way !

Couldn't find a vinyl in my hometown so it's a pure "streaming" experience right now.

Favorite track is CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum], that "descending" bass sound is haunting.

CHEETA1b ms800 is another personal favorite, reminds me an awful lot of Flashback on Genesis, pulling the nostalgia cord in a really creepy way !

You know, now you mention it, some of the sounds do sort of sound 'mega drive/fm synthy'!

It's too early for me to pick just one favourite track. I've been listening to this EP in bed trying to sleep several times and I always doze off somewhere in the middle of CHEETAHT7b and wake up at exactly 0:14 in CHEETA1b ms800 when that sound comes in.

On second thought, CHEETAHT2 (Ld spectrum) might be my favourite track. At least right now.

Wow. Good call there. I haven't even thought of that game in years. A long lost weird gem.

CIRKLON3 for me.

Those synth tones that come in around 1:06 are so emotive.

Only Richard could get such lush sounds out of the Cheetah MS800 I guess (if that is what was used for the track of course). I have had longer with that one though so it could change. It's still early days with the others despite me listening to the EP pretty much on repeat since it was released.

As a whole it's definitely my favourite release of his since Syro. The artwork, everything. Love it.

As for format, I bought the vinyl (as I do all RDJ releases) but I generally listen to it on my iPod with good headphones.

Don't give a shit about formats nowadays, once upon a time nothing could beat my cd player/turntable and amp but now I have a real quality portable loseless HD player with a few pairs of wicked headphones

what digital player are you using?

CIRKLON 1 by far. Fantastic track.

I wish I could get into it myself.

I don't get the whole 'voting for my favorite tune' business tbh...

Just for fun

Archived