IGNORED

Justice - Woman

dudenorth

sounds like a justice song. better than most of the audio, video, disco. if anything it sounds like a very expensive justice knock off.

fun. now i want to listen to justice. really like the progression on the strings and that bass is so damn funky

Cross is an amazing album. AVD was forgettable. this sounds somewhere in between. i hope we get some more aggressive stuff from them again but I doubt it.

this track is great and i have high hopes whatever they do.

Cross is an amazing album. AVD was forgettable. this sounds somewhere in between. i hope we get some more aggressive stuff from them again but I doubt it.

ditto, a lot of mainstream acts with great legacies seem to follow suit: Daft Punk especially and to a lesser degree Chemical Brothers (actually I'd argue they still put out heavy stuff but their singles are often a bit safe). I could say the same of Grimes as well. It's an interesting trend. I can't say without proof it's deliberate watering down, it's just as likely they really like making polished pop. I don't want to assume either way.

hoping this is just a limp mass appeal oriented single, same with that machinedrum track that came out recently

I'm surprised that this new track is getting such a good response. To me it just sounds like they are trying to rehash the EXACT formula from D.A.N.C.E.. with the other artists that make the french sound for me (Daft Punk, Mr. Oizo) though they have a distinct voice, they are still experimental, playful. Audio Video Disco was neat because it really felt like Justice was exploring their distinct vision but I still couldn't shake the feeling I was being manipulated. like attending a pep-rally or watching an ADIDAS commercial.

i dunno. seems like you're projecting your vision of their vision. does there need to be some grand motivation for creating music? maybe this is just what's fun for them to make

i dunno. seems like you're projecting your vision of their vision. does there need to be some grand motivation for creating music? maybe this is just what's fun for them to make

exactly my point

• 1 month later...

So the album is called WOMAN, here's the artwork (I guess ?)

la-pochette-de-woman.jpg

Still no tracklist but a new track has been released !

I don't know what to think about the track, vocals sounds a bit dull to me :shrug:

So the album is called WOMAN, here's the artwork (I guess ?)

la-pochette-de-woman.jpg

Still no tracklist but a new track has been released !

I don't know what to think about the track, vocals sounds a bit dull to me :shrug:

Well, I don't DON'T like it... I guess that's something. Still interested to hear the rest though.

Album's out on November 18th and the tracklisting is out !

01 Safe and Sound
02 Pleasure
03 Alakazam!
04 Fire
05 Stop
06 Chorus
07 Randy
08 Heavy Metal
09 Love S.O.S.
10 Close Call

Hopefully tracks will be long ones à la Randy ! And I'm also curious about a Justice track being called "Heavy Metal", knowing their metal roots and the kind of things they did on their first tour (thinking about the Metallica reprise !)

Archived