IGNORED

The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows 50 minute version

purlieu

Andrew Liles has done a 50 minute version of Tomorrow Never Knows for the song's 50th anniversary. I like his solo stuff and am a big fan of Nurse With Wound and Current 93 so this piqued my interest - currently 21 minutes in and it's pretty good. Exactly the sort of song that benefits from this kind of treatment and it's been pieced together really well.

Info / listen here

I know I'm not the only person here to have a love for The Beatles and Revolver. Nice find. I'm past the three minute mark and waiting for shit to really kick off.

Yeah this is sick! Thanks for sharing

Ive actually been listening to a ton of Revolver recently and Tomorrow Never knows has to be one of the most criminally-too-short tracks in existence. Which is part of its power frankly, that it can pull you so deep into its headspace in under three minutes. But this version is a treat.

The Beatles were responsible for a lot of firsts:

First music video (creative use of video in place of personal appearance)

First intentional use of feedback on record

First use of flange/ADT (invented for the Beatles, in fact)

First use of looping in pop music

First use of "stack" amps (invented for the Beatles, in fact)

Etc etc etc etc

So it's not really a stretch that they were the first to do certain *stylistic* things as well

The Beatles were responsible for a lot of firsts:

First music video (creative use of video in place of personal appearance)

First intentional use of feedback on record

First use of flange/ADT (invented for the Beatles, in fact)

First use of looping in pop music

First use of "stack" amps (invented for the Beatles, in fact)

Etc etc etc etc

So it's not really a stretch that they were the first to do certain *stylistic* things as well

this is all true.

this still does not make me want to listen to a 50 minute version of tomorrow never knows that someone who is not the beatles made

Maybe not. I largely listened because Andrew Liles made it and Andrew Liles is fucking great.

I also think everything The Beatles did from Rubber Soul through to Abbey Road is astonishingly good.

Archived