IGNORED

Problem with Kontakt's AHDSR Envelope

Mr.Sensi

Am I tripping or does this thing let audio bleed through when the release is set to 0ms? It's causing all sorts of pops/clicks when notes are re-triggered. It gets even worse when I try to modulate a filter's cutoff in the group fx. Here's a file showing the problem I'm having.

kontaktissue.zip

I don't know how to fix this without setting the release way too high. I assume when the AHDSR (set to the volume) is set to 0ms on attack & release, it shouldn't be any different than when there is no envelope on the volume, yet it's all clickity clackity. Anyone know a way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes a 0ms release time would definitely cause a click. Imagine you had a sample like this:

DS2000A_Waveform_capture.jpg

Unless you had a slight intertia time on the attack and release the waveform/speaker position would 'instantly' jump to that offset position and 'click' !

Zero attack and decay can cause clicks if you release when the waveform isn't crossing zero. A tiny release should stop it.

Yeah, I know that. The clicking only happens when I turn on the envelope. Having the envelope completely off, which is no different than setting the attack and release to 0 and the sutain to max, does not give me the same problem. Check the files I uploaded to hear for yourself.

Archived